Email Marketing Tool

ajw246

Email Subscription Link / Subscription Confirmation button in Marketing Email

SOLVE

In a Marketing Email, there is an option to add a link to "email subscription link" and then you can select "subscription confirmation" and it adds a button.  In "Settings" for the Email, I have the proper "Subscription Type" selected. When I did a trial run of this email to myself (a newly created contact in CRM, but not a subscriber of anything), I clicked on the button (it brings up a screen that says "Thanks for confirming your subscription.") and it added nothing to the CRM contact. I expected it to add "Subscribed" or something showing me that the contact clicked on that button. What exactly does this button do? What are its features? 

subscription confirmation screenshot.PNG

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ajw246,

This link updates the property Marketing email confirmation status which is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-the-marketing-email-confirmation-status-contact-property

The naming is definitely misleading. This link is typically used to create custom confirmation / double opt-in emails. It's not linked to any of your subscription types.

(In the free version of HubSpot, there isn't any automatic way to update the opt status of a subscription for a contact, unfortunately. This requires a Professional or Enterprise version of HubSpot with workflows. You would have to use one of the other options explained here.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ajw246,

This link updates the property Marketing email confirmation status which is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-the-marketing-email-confirmation-status-contact-property

The naming is definitely misleading. This link is typically used to create custom confirmation / double opt-in emails. It's not linked to any of your subscription types.

(In the free version of HubSpot, there isn't any automatic way to update the opt status of a subscription for a contact, unfortunately. This requires a Professional or Enterprise version of HubSpot with workflows. You would have to use one of the other options explained here.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mistert
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

How can I use this to create a double opt-in e-mail baring in mind that someone must be able to Unsubscribe when recieving an e-mail (GDPR).

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
PDSL

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for the information you provided. Similar to ajw246, I am trying to configure a Subscribe link. I am sending an email to all of our existing HubSpot Contacts but if one of them forwards our newsletter on to a friend or colleague, I'd like that friend or colleague to be able to click a Subscribe button and add their contact info. We are currently using a free HubSpot Marketing account. Is there any way to achieve what I described?

ajw246

SOLVE

Hi Karsten - this is super helpful. Thank you so much for the thorough response. Much appreciated! 

-Amber