Email Marketing Tool

EGeorge

Email Recipient Count Stuck at 0

SOLVE

Hi,

In the last hour, all of my marketing emails in draft have shown a recipient count of 0 even after lists are selected. I tried unchecking the 'unengaged contacts' box, removing all excluded lists, etc. but the count always shows 0. (image below)Screenshot (167)_LI.jpg

None of the lists I am using are new, they have received many successful sends/deliveries in the past. Is this a bug that anyone else is experiencing? Is there something wrong with the account? 

I don't want to send any of my marketing emails until I know that the lists are being registered. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EGeorge,

There are two features that could cause this.

The first one could be the GDPR settings. Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If you have the "Legal basis required" checkbox enabled, HubSpot will prevent email sends to contact who do not have a legal basis (opt-in) for the subscription type you chose in the Settings tab of the email editor. Or put simply, if you haven't opted your contacts into the "Marketing information" subscription type but your email is using this type, HubSpot will not send the email.

In that case, you would have to update the subscription status of your contacts, specifically opt them into the subscription type of your email. (Of course, you should only make this change if there is a legal basis for it. My reply does not constitute legal advice and you should talk to a data privacy/protection professional when in doubt.) If the contacts are currently not opted (no previous choice made), they would be excluded from the email send. If they are opted in, they should now be eligible to receive the email.

The second reason could be the double opt-in email. Do you have a double opt-in email enabled? If yes, these contacts might have received but not confirmed the email. When double opt-in is enabled, contacts who have not confirmed opt-in will be dropped from marketing emails. It would be unusual if this applied to all of your contacts however, but another user might have enabled this feature without telling you?

Lastly, there is currently a partial outage for some CRM and marketing tools, see the HubSpot status here: https://status.hubspot.com/ It might also be related to that.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EGeorge,

There are two features that could cause this.

The first one could be the GDPR settings. Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If you have the "Legal basis required" checkbox enabled, HubSpot will prevent email sends to contact who do not have a legal basis (opt-in) for the subscription type you chose in the Settings tab of the email editor. Or put simply, if you haven't opted your contacts into the "Marketing information" subscription type but your email is using this type, HubSpot will not send the email.

In that case, you would have to update the subscription status of your contacts, specifically opt them into the subscription type of your email. (Of course, you should only make this change if there is a legal basis for it. My reply does not constitute legal advice and you should talk to a data privacy/protection professional when in doubt.) If the contacts are currently not opted (no previous choice made), they would be excluded from the email send. If they are opted in, they should now be eligible to receive the email.

The second reason could be the double opt-in email. Do you have a double opt-in email enabled? If yes, these contacts might have received but not confirmed the email. When double opt-in is enabled, contacts who have not confirmed opt-in will be dropped from marketing emails. It would be unusual if this applied to all of your contacts however, but another user might have enabled this feature without telling you?

Lastly, there is currently a partial outage for some CRM and marketing tools, see the HubSpot status here: https://status.hubspot.com/ It might also be related to that.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.