Email Marketing Tool

MHeimlich
Participant

Email Performance Metrics - confusing open rate

Résolue

Hello,

I have a question regarding the email performance metrics.

With one of our emails sent out it says that it was sent to 714 people. How does it have 908 opens? Does the open rate change every time it is opened in HubSpot or by others? Because as I am looking at it now, it changed to 909 from yesterday being at 908. Also, how can I best create a graph like these charts listed below into Excel?

MHeimlich_0-1626351479757.png

Thank you,

Makenna

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @MHeimlich,

The total opens show the number of times your recipients opened your email. This includes multiple opens by the same recipient. Unique opens would only count an open once per recipient. I wouldn't think too much about this number changing by -1, maybe a contact was deleted in your portal or merged?

You can find these definitions by hovering your mouse over the "i" sign next to 44.5%.

If you want to get this data into Excel, you can export your email performance data by following these steps. The chart type would be a column chart or bar chart.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MHeimlich,

The total opens show the number of times your recipients opened your email. This includes multiple opens by the same recipient. Unique opens would only count an open once per recipient. I wouldn't think too much about this number changing by -1, maybe a contact was deleted in your portal or merged?

You can find these definitions by hovering your mouse over the "i" sign next to 44.5%.

If you want to get this data into Excel, you can export your email performance data by following these steps. The chart type would be a column chart or bar chart.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.