Email Marketing Tool

Walkitch

Email Frequency Safeguard Question

SOLVE

I just recently enabled the email frequency safeguard, as talked about here https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/set-up-an-email-frequency-safeguard

But what happens to emails that don't get sent because of the cap? Will they automatically get rescheduled for the next week, or they just skip entirely? Especially when it comes up an email drip workflow. I don't want it to just skip one email in the workflow and then send the next one without ever sending the first. 

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Wwhat happens to emails that don't get sent because of the cap? Will they automatically get rescheduled for the next week, or they just skip entirely??

Short A: Recipients for the specific send are skipped entirely and can be viewed using the 'Reached frequency cap' filter in the Marketing->Email->Recipients tab.

Longer A:

The Frequency Safeguard feature should NOT be enabled for marketing emails where either the sequence or cadence is essential. (uber-important)

DISABLE the 'Enable send frequency cap for this send' setting in the Recipients tab on that specific email send.DISABLE the 'Enable send frequency cap for this send' setting in the Recipients tab on that specific email send.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Wwhat happens to emails that don't get sent because of the cap? Will they automatically get rescheduled for the next week, or they just skip entirely??

Short A: Recipients for the specific send are skipped entirely and can be viewed using the 'Reached frequency cap' filter in the Marketing->Email->Recipients tab.

Longer A:

The Frequency Safeguard feature should NOT be enabled for marketing emails where either the sequence or cadence is essential. (uber-important)

DISABLE the 'Enable send frequency cap for this send' setting in the Recipients tab on that specific email send.DISABLE the 'Enable send frequency cap for this send' setting in the Recipients tab on that specific email send.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
EAGMark
Contributor

SOLVE

This was the only community post I could find about Frequency Caps, so I'll add my question. I think there needs to be a third option. Something within a workflow or frequency cap settings to try again in X number of days. We send some emails for our sales team and apply the frequency cap so they don't receive multiple emails with different messages within the range we have specificied.  It would be nice to know that Hubspot will continue to try to send any email that hits the frequency cap. 

DWerner
Participant

SOLVE

Yes -- exactly this! I need this to be an option in the software, too. 

0 Upvotes