Email Marketing Tool

KageWilliams1

Email Domain within Corporation

SOLVE

Hello all,

We at my company are looking for a way to make our email tracking more accurate. When someone within our own company with our domain opens the email chain, it can be marked as a "click" or "open". This makes our marketing emails that turned into chains inaccurate because it is counting us within the marketing tool. I spoke with chat support and was told there is not function to exempt domains from being counting in the marketing tool. Is there anyway to work around this? We would like to make this as accurate as possible.

Kage

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@KageWilliams1  There is not currently a way to do this, but I suggest upvoting the idea here and adding your feedback.

A few workarounds:

If you have a large number of internal users one option is to clone the email and send the cloned copy to your internal recipients and send the original email to only your marketing contacts. This would allow you to not only separate the data at the email level, but also associate only the customer email to your campaign.

If you send a large number of marketing emails where you want to loop in internal members, I have seen where a separate internal email is created that contains links to each of the individual email previews rather than sending directly in real time. This allows your employees to determine what information they need to review. Depending on how many team members and emails, I have seen this in several formats where it breaks it out by priority or team/department.

For smaller teams, you could also send a test email to the internal users as a preview when you schedule the email and not include them on the actual email. This can also be helpful if you do it a day or two in advance as your internal team is likely to catch if something is off or there is a broken link, etc.

Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KageWilliams1,

This is currently not possible. I requested this from the product team a while ago, see here. The request is getting traction and I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. (Requests are evaluated by the product team based on their popularity.)

In terms of workarounds, you could either approach this with separate emails, as @Jnix284 explained already, or leverage HubSpot's feature to break down email reporting by recipient list. When you're looking at a sent marketing email, you should see a dropdown at the top for list name. Hidden in plain sight:

karstenkoehler_1-1662697973968.png

When you select a list, the email analytics below will be filtered by this list.

This means that you do not need to send separate emails, as long as you make sure your email recipient list does not include employees. You would then create a separate contact list that only contains internal contacts (by Email domain). Let me know if you have any follow-up questions here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KageWilliams1,

This is currently not possible. I requested this from the product team a while ago, see here. The request is getting traction and I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. (Requests are evaluated by the product team based on their popularity.)

In terms of workarounds, you could either approach this with separate emails, as @Jnix284 explained already, or leverage HubSpot's feature to break down email reporting by recipient list. When you're looking at a sent marketing email, you should see a dropdown at the top for list name. Hidden in plain sight:

karstenkoehler_1-1662697973968.png

When you select a list, the email analytics below will be filtered by this list.

This means that you do not need to send separate emails, as long as you make sure your email recipient list does not include employees. You would then create a separate contact list that only contains internal contacts (by Email domain). Let me know if you have any follow-up questions here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@KageWilliams1  There is not currently a way to do this, but I suggest upvoting the idea here and adding your feedback.

A few workarounds:

If you have a large number of internal users one option is to clone the email and send the cloned copy to your internal recipients and send the original email to only your marketing contacts. This would allow you to not only separate the data at the email level, but also associate only the customer email to your campaign.

If you send a large number of marketing emails where you want to loop in internal members, I have seen where a separate internal email is created that contains links to each of the individual email previews rather than sending directly in real time. This allows your employees to determine what information they need to review. Depending on how many team members and emails, I have seen this in several formats where it breaks it out by priority or team/department.

For smaller teams, you could also send a test email to the internal users as a preview when you schedule the email and not include them on the actual email. This can also be helpful if you do it a day or two in advance as your internal team is likely to catch if something is off or there is a broken link, etc.

Hope this helps!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes