Email Marketing Tool

AMares3
メンバー

Email Design Differences: PC vs Mac?

Hi All,

I am in the process of creating a marketing email and sent a test out to a few members of our team asking for feedback. 

The main feedback was that the content of the email seemed "squished." However, the content looks very spread out on my end and in my own test emails. I have attached images for comparison. We all use Outlook, and the only difference we could name would be that I use a Mac and the rest of the team members have PCs.

I have tried adjusting the padding levels, but that seems to have no effect on how "squished" their test emails look. 

Can someone help me troubleshoot how to get consistency in the spacing of email design between multiple operating systems, thanks. 

0 いいね!
3件の返信
christopher-RVO
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

@AMares3  The email design will change based upon a couple of different parameters: Operating System, Device Type, Sub-device Type, and light/dark mode. 

• Operating System: This is the OS + the email service provider (outlook, gmail, etc along with the different versions of it - Outlook 13.1, Outlook 14, etc)

Device Type - Mobile, Desktop, Tablet

• Sub-Device Type - Mobile: iPhone 13, iPhone 14 Pro Max, Android, etc. Desktop: Mac, PC, etc

In your account, click into the Marketing email you are editing. Under Actions (top right), Preview, the UX will display how the email looks on mobile vs desktop. If you toggle over to Clients, you can see how it displays across different email clients and OS'. 

The most likely solution here is designing the email in flexible HTML which will adjust for the padding issue you're facing. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

AMares3
メンバー

Thanks, Chris.

I took a look at all the variations as mentioned and windows seems to be the only variable that "squishes" it. 

In terms of the solution, I am using a purchased email template, so it sounds like I would need to go into the template and change the actual HTML code. Sorry, I do not come from an HTML/CSS background for creating emails, which is why I went the template route, and am trying to understand the steps to fix, thanks. 

0 いいね!
christopher-RVO

@AMares3  That would be the best solution forward unfortunately, but if you purchased from the theme marketplace you could log a support ticket with the author of the template on this issue. 

If this solved what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

0 いいね!