Email Marketing Tool

JMcNicol
Participant

Email Companies or Contacts

SOLVE

Hello Everyone!

My name is James and I am in the process of starting my own company in Brisbane, Australia.

I am very new to HubSpot and am having a little difficulty wrapping my head around it all.

As this is a new company I do not have any formal contacts to enter as of yet. What I have been doing is researching my target audience and adding them as "Companies" into HubSpot.

My question is; Can I send out bulk email marketing campaigns to these Companies, or do I require actual Contacts in order to do so?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help on this matter would go such a long way.

James

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, James! With HubSpot, you can send bulk marketing emails to Contacts, but not Companies. I hope this helps!

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JMcNicol,

HubSpot's email marketing communication is entirely contact-based. It's not possible to email companies.

The reason for this is very likely that consent is tied to an email address of an individual, and also that the legal basis for processing personal data and sending marketing communications relate to a person, not a company.

For next steps, you could proceed as follows. Marketing email communication requires an email address. If you've stored that information in an email field on the company record, for example an info@acme.com email address, you could export your company records and re-import just the email column as contacts. With automatic association of contacts and companies enabled, HubSpot will associate your newly imported "contacts" with your company record. (This happens based on the Company domain name and contact Email.) This would then allow you to email these info@ email addresses.

As you email these info@ addresses, you could encourage recipients to fill out website forms and leave their actual personal contact information.

Feel free to share more context, happy tho help.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DeliveryByJess
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @JMcNicol ,

As a reminder, contacts used in the marketing email tool need to have personally and directly opted into your brand.  Contacts gathered through publically available places (such as a website), 3rd parties, and other non opt in sources don't meet HubSpot's minimum requirements for use in the marketing email tool. 

To avoid any possible deliverability problems or possible suspension of your account's marketing email capabilities, please be sure all contacts used for marketing email sends align with HubSpot's minimum requirements for this tool. 

If you would like to email engage with contacts who have not yet opted into your brand, a best practice is to send them a personal/1:1 message with a link to a CTA or form where they can choose to opt in if they would like. Contacts who submit on a form on your brand's website will be eligble for inclusion in marketing emails from that point forward.   You can send personal/1:1 messages directly from HubSpot using a connected inbox. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JMcNicol,

HubSpot's email marketing communication is entirely contact-based. It's not possible to email companies.

The reason for this is very likely that consent is tied to an email address of an individual, and also that the legal basis for processing personal data and sending marketing communications relate to a person, not a company.

For next steps, you could proceed as follows. Marketing email communication requires an email address. If you've stored that information in an email field on the company record, for example an info@acme.com email address, you could export your company records and re-import just the email column as contacts. With automatic association of contacts and companies enabled, HubSpot will associate your newly imported "contacts" with your company record. (This happens based on the Company domain name and contact Email.) This would then allow you to email these info@ email addresses.

As you email these info@ addresses, you could encourage recipients to fill out website forms and leave their actual personal contact information.

Feel free to share more context, happy tho help.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JMcNicol
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much @karstenkoehler, this has clarified everything!

I really appreciate the response and the proactive solutions.

James

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help, @JMcNicol!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, James! With HubSpot, you can send bulk marketing emails to Contacts, but not Companies. I hope this helps!

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot