Email Marketing Tool

BArmengolli
Participant

Edit Drag-and-Drop Email Template

SOLVE

Hello everyone, 

I created an email template using the drag-and-drop feature that is going to be our main corporate template. Now, I want to edit the template to change font size, social media icons, etc., and the only way that I've found to edit the template is by creating a new email using that template and then saving it as a new template. 

Can I just edit the template instead of going through those steps? 

I appreciate any help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BArmengolli,

That's unfortunately correct. Currently, you would save your changes as a new template and delete the old one. For context, HubSpot isn't differentiating between you editing a template or you creating an email. It's the same process. There isn't a drag-and-drop email template editor specifically that would allow you to save a template under the same name. Hence the extra steps.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BArmengolli ,

One option would be to clone the previous email template so that you need not have to repeat the steps taken to edit the contents of the template.

Alternatively, you can amend the design of the template entirely through the design manager to change the way the default template is currently set up.

Here's a link that might be useful for changing the structure and customization of the template: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/design-manager/structure-and-customize-template-layouts

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
BArmengolli
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Webdew, 

Do you know if for the design manager, drag and drop solution, coding is required? Will it be only HTML and CSS in this case? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BArmengolli,

That's unfortunately correct. Currently, you would save your changes as a new template and delete the old one. For context, HubSpot isn't differentiating between you editing a template or you creating an email. It's the same process. There isn't a drag-and-drop email template editor specifically that would allow you to save a template under the same name. Hence the extra steps.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BArmengolli
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Karsten.

I hope HubSpot comes with a better solution for this soon. 😃

0 Upvotes