Email Marketing Tool

Juan1

Ebook Lead magnet to create a email list

SOLVE

Hi There,  I am very very new to CRM, just trying to learn.
I am been browsing but I cannot find the answer, there is too much content and I am getting lost.
I have created an ebook that I am offering for free on my FB page, so people can download it and in return, I will get their email, so the question is; How can organise it within Hubspot? Where will I store the ebook? can I do it in Hubspot? and once people have downloaded it where the emails will be stored/collected? 
I will appreciate if somebody can point to me to the right article/post where I can learn to apply it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Regards.
Juan

2 Accepted solutions
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda

Hi @Juan1 It's not clear whether you've access to HubSpot Marketing Software. If you've subscribed to HubSpot Marketing; it's fairly simple to set up this.

1. Click on the navigation 'Marketing' (It's a dropdown; you'll see an option called Files & Template.)
  2. Click Files
  3. Upload your ebook (You can organize your file/folder structure)Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 7.50.13 PM.png

Similarly, follow this process to create a form to capture the leads. 

1. Click Marketing (Dropdown)
  2. Select Lead Capture
  3. Click Forms (And create a form with email field and other necessary info)Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 7.50.26 PM.png

The next thing is you need to create a landing page if you want to have it on your website; you can do it from the website section (via marketing dropdown navigation). If you don't want to use the landing page; you can directly use the forms URL; there's an option to share the form. 

You need to copy the URL of your ebook uploaded on your file manager. Either you can embed this link on your thank you page or on your inline thank you message on the form itself. Alternatively, you can set up the HubSpot Workflows to send an email with a link.

All the emails captured via form will be stored in HubSpot contacts. You can create a list to segment the contacts that you collected from that form. 

This is how your overall process/journey looks like:

1. You'll create a form (asking email, name, company etc.)
  2. You'll embed that form on the website or use the sharing feature (form url)
  3. You'll upload your ebook (pdf) on the files section and get the file URL 
  4. You'll share a link to the form (or landing page you created) on Facebook
  5. A user will click on that link and lands on the form (or landing page)
  6. A user will enter the email to download the ebook
  7. A user will be redirected to thank you page with a link to download the ebook or an inline thank you message with a link to download
  8. A user downloads the ebook

On the other side you can also do these things:

1. You'll see all those contacts on the HubSpot contact 
  2. You'll create a list to segment your contacts
  3. You'll send an automated thank you email with a link to download (using the workflows feature)

Let me know if it helps. 

Thanks
Aakar

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Oops. Sorry to hear that @Juan1 However, if you have a landing page, then think you can use the lead flows feature for free? Isn't it @jennysowyrda ?

You can host your ebook on your G-Drive or Dropbox for now, and give it as a download when a user fills up the lead flow form. 

Thanks. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Juan1,

Some of the tools available in terms of where you ebook can be stored and how you can reach out to contacts will depend on your subscription with HubSpot. 

If you have a form associated with the ebook download, and the form is associated with HubSpot then the emails will be associated with contact records in HubSpot. 

For a few starting resources: 

1. Lead generation: a beginners guide

2. The HubSpot Academy, which has loads of content, lessons and tracks around Inbound Marketing and how to set yourself up for success.

@Aakar do you have any tips for @Juan1 in terms of how to start this process?

Thanks,
Jenny

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda

Hi @Juan1 It's not clear whether you've access to HubSpot Marketing Software. If you've subscribed to HubSpot Marketing; it's fairly simple to set up this.

1. Click on the navigation 'Marketing' (It's a dropdown; you'll see an option called Files & Template.)
  2. Click Files
  3. Upload your ebook (You can organize your file/folder structure)Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 7.50.13 PM.png

Similarly, follow this process to create a form to capture the leads. 

1. Click Marketing (Dropdown)
  2. Select Lead Capture
  3. Click Forms (And create a form with email field and other necessary info)Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 7.50.26 PM.png

The next thing is you need to create a landing page if you want to have it on your website; you can do it from the website section (via marketing dropdown navigation). If you don't want to use the landing page; you can directly use the forms URL; there's an option to share the form. 

You need to copy the URL of your ebook uploaded on your file manager. Either you can embed this link on your thank you page or on your inline thank you message on the form itself. Alternatively, you can set up the HubSpot Workflows to send an email with a link.

All the emails captured via form will be stored in HubSpot contacts. You can create a list to segment the contacts that you collected from that form. 

This is how your overall process/journey looks like:

1. You'll create a form (asking email, name, company etc.)
  2. You'll embed that form on the website or use the sharing feature (form url)
  3. You'll upload your ebook (pdf) on the files section and get the file URL 
  4. You'll share a link to the form (or landing page you created) on Facebook
  5. A user will click on that link and lands on the form (or landing page)
  6. A user will enter the email to download the ebook
  7. A user will be redirected to thank you page with a link to download the ebook or an inline thank you message with a link to download
  8. A user downloads the ebook

On the other side you can also do these things:

1. You'll see all those contacts on the HubSpot contact 
  2. You'll create a list to segment your contacts
  3. You'll send an automated thank you email with a link to download (using the workflows feature)

Let me know if it helps. 

Thanks
Aakar

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
Juan1

SOLVE

Hi @Aakar @jennysowyrda,

Thanks for your reply and help, at the moment I have the free basic plan which doesn't give me the feature of files and templates and I cannot afford at this moment the starter plan.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Juan

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Oops. Sorry to hear that @Juan1 However, if you have a landing page, then think you can use the lead flows feature for free? Isn't it @jennysowyrda ?

You can host your ebook on your G-Drive or Dropbox for now, and give it as a download when a user fills up the lead flow form. 

Thanks. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @Aakar! Yes, lead flows is a free tool.

0 Upvotes
Juan1

SOLVE

to Hi @jennysowyrda

I sent a reply message to @Aakar but I cannot see it. 

The matter is that after following all the steps I got to a wall and I hope you can help me. Please.

On the step: Thank you. 

Down the bottom about Download a file > Browse files, open up a window on the top right corner, but it says browse folders but doesn't give me the option to add file to choose a file from google drive, how can I sort it out, please?Hub spot Thank you page.png

• Download a file: visitors will be redirected to a new file. Click Browse files to select a file from your file manager in the pane on the right. To upload a new file, click Add file and choose a file from Google Drive, Dropbox, or upload a new file.

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Juan1 

Select non-HubSpot URL option. You don't need to browse the actual file. You just need to insert your URL there.

Alternatively, You can grab the Drive URL and create a hyperlink (insert a link) on that thank you message, without that button. 

Hope it helps. 🙂 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes
Juan1

SOLVE

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
Juan1

SOLVE

Hi @Aakar, that is great info, do you have a tutorial as to how will I create the flow, please?.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Happy to help @Juan1 

Here's the info you need.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist