Email Marketing Tool

alitahir
Participante

E-mail tool timezone query

resolver

Hi, I want my email to receive each of my contacts at 9:00 am. My timezone is UTC -7. I have around 2000 contacts spread in different time zones. I wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. If I schedule the email at 9:00 am UTC -7, will it deliver to 9 am to each contact's time zone?
  2. Is there a possibility that it may reach the recipient in the next day instead of reaching at the same date?

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
JDobson
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi alitahir,

There is an option available through HubSpot to send emails based on the recipients time zone (requires Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise). If the specified time is already past in a contacts time zone, HubSpot will send the email the next day at the specified time.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

John Dobson
Senior HubSpot Consultant at Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @alitahir,

Yes, this is possible! HubSpot has a feature to schedule emails based on your recipients' time zones. If you enable this option in the Send or schedule tab of the email editor, it will be sent in batches based on your recipients' IP time zone property contact property value. Those contacts without a value for this property will receive the email in your account time zone.

Because it takes a full day to schedule an email across all time zones, you should only schedule an email this way more than one full day in advance.

Keep in mind that IP time zone information might be incorrect. If you have other data points about the location of a contact (e.g. contact filling out form on German page) and you're working with large contact lists (hundreds or thousands of contacts per region), manual segmentation might be more laborious but also "safer".

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @alitahir ,

Hi!
I will try to answer your queries one by one. 

1-If I schedule the email at 9:00 am UTC -7, will it deliver to 9 am to each contact's time zone? > No, if you want to do this, they will need to use the time zone send email

For this to work, you will need to schedule the email more than one full day in advance of the intended send date

2-if you schedule it over a day in advance this should not happen.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @alitahir,

Yes, this is possible! HubSpot has a feature to schedule emails based on your recipients' time zones. If you enable this option in the Send or schedule tab of the email editor, it will be sent in batches based on your recipients' IP time zone property contact property value. Those contacts without a value for this property will receive the email in your account time zone.

Because it takes a full day to schedule an email across all time zones, you should only schedule an email this way more than one full day in advance.

Keep in mind that IP time zone information might be incorrect. If you have other data points about the location of a contact (e.g. contact filling out form on German page) and you're working with large contact lists (hundreds or thousands of contacts per region), manual segmentation might be more laborious but also "safer".

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JDobson
Solución

resolver

Hi alitahir,

There is an option available through HubSpot to send emails based on the recipients time zone (requires Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise). If the specified time is already past in a contacts time zone, HubSpot will send the email the next day at the specified time.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

John Dobson
Senior HubSpot Consultant at Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk