Email Marketing Tool

brettswensen

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

Hi,

We're an e-commerce company coming over to Hubspot and we're trying to create all of our transactional emails & abandon cart emails inside of Hubspot.  Has anyone had any experience using dynamic shopping cart data to populate emails?  We'd love some help or documentation on it if there is some.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

Hey @brettswensen, we definitely have some documentation that would be able to provide you with some more information! First, I would recommend checking out the Transactional Email product page, which will provide you an overview of what's influded in this feature. Then, to see how you can implement this feature within your portal, I would check out our Knowlegebase article, How to Use Transactional Email in HubSpot. I hope these links provide you with the answers you're looking for! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
dliechty
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

I noticed the second question wasn't addressed so I wanted to add some helpful tips for your abandoned cart email build using dynamic shopping cart data to populate your emails.

The syntax for using dynamic contact property values where you would normally enter a specific value is: {{contact.[internal_name_of_contact_property]}}. The "contact" part of that token is referring to the object that the property is stored in - for abandoned cart properties for integrations other than HubSpot's native Shopify integration, those would be contact properties. 

If you prefer custom coding your templates you can also pull that in directly to your code in place of the normally static value (I show that at the end of the video above).

If you are planning on making a coded template rather than a normal module editor, the first step I recommend doing is going to a template you like already, going to "Actions", then "Clone to file" and creating a code version of that template so that you don't need to start from scratch when making your coded template. That way you can focus on just the abandoned cart specific pieces.

Otherwise, you can use the normal email editor like in my first example link and leverage the in-editor source code as needed for custom edits on the fly, without making the whole email template through a coded file. 

I hope this helps make those emails quick and easy to build in HubSpot!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
dliechty
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

I noticed the second question wasn't addressed so I wanted to add some helpful tips for your abandoned cart email build using dynamic shopping cart data to populate your emails.

The syntax for using dynamic contact property values where you would normally enter a specific value is: {{contact.[internal_name_of_contact_property]}}. The "contact" part of that token is referring to the object that the property is stored in - for abandoned cart properties for integrations other than HubSpot's native Shopify integration, those would be contact properties. 

If you prefer custom coding your templates you can also pull that in directly to your code in place of the normally static value (I show that at the end of the video above).

If you are planning on making a coded template rather than a normal module editor, the first step I recommend doing is going to a template you like already, going to "Actions", then "Clone to file" and creating a code version of that template so that you don't need to start from scratch when making your coded template. That way you can focus on just the abandoned cart specific pieces.

Otherwise, you can use the normal email editor like in my first example link and leverage the in-editor source code as needed for custom edits on the fly, without making the whole email template through a coded file. 

I hope this helps make those emails quick and easy to build in HubSpot!
GregO

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

Do you have an updated version for this and images?

nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

E-commerce Emails

SOLVE

Hey @brettswensen, we definitely have some documentation that would be able to provide you with some more information! First, I would recommend checking out the Transactional Email product page, which will provide you an overview of what's influded in this feature. Then, to see how you can implement this feature within your portal, I would check out our Knowlegebase article, How to Use Transactional Email in HubSpot. I hope these links provide you with the answers you're looking for! 

0 Upvotes