Email Marketing Tool

gnadivi

Dynamically generating email content

SOLVE

We have one basic email we send out to thank people for downloading an ebook, white paper, case study, etc.  The primary difference between the emails is the reference to the title of the collateral being downloaded.  We also personalize the email with the contact info of the salesperson whose territory the downloader is located in.

Currently, I'm creating an email for every piece of collateral multiplied by the number of salespeople.  Is there any way I can dynamically generate the email, based on the collateral & assigned salesperson?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I'm creating an email for every piece of collateral multiplied by the number of salespeople. Is there any way I can dynamically generate the email, based on the collateral & assigned salesperson??

Short A: Totally ... use smart content and lists.

Longer A:

-1- You'll want to build smart lists that add contacts as they download assets.

Examples:

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Ebook - Web Dev

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Whitepaper - HubSpot

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Case Study - Acme Printing

-2- You'll want to clone your email template and make the email body in the new template 'smart' as follows ...

(see image)

hubspot-email-template-smart-content.png

Basically, you're adjusting the content of the email body to accommodate the list to which the recipient belongs. Remember, if a contact belongs to more than one list the first smart content rule that matches will fire ...

-3- Finally, you'll want to use a personalization token within each email body signature so that the email is signed using the assigned salesperson.

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I'm creating an email for every piece of collateral multiplied by the number of salespeople. Is there any way I can dynamically generate the email, based on the collateral & assigned salesperson??

Short A: Totally ... use smart content and lists.

Longer A:

-1- You'll want to build smart lists that add contacts as they download assets.

Examples:

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Ebook - Web Dev

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Whitepaper - HubSpot

- Contacts Who've Downloaded Case Study - Acme Printing

-2- You'll want to clone your email template and make the email body in the new template 'smart' as follows ...

(see image)

hubspot-email-template-smart-content.png

Basically, you're adjusting the content of the email body to accommodate the list to which the recipient belongs. Remember, if a contact belongs to more than one list the first smart content rule that matches will fire ...

-3- Finally, you'll want to use a personalization token within each email body signature so that the email is signed using the assigned salesperson.

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
gnadivi

SOLVE

Frank,

Your interface looks a bit different than mine.  I wonder if what you're suggesting is possible in our subscription?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot Marketing Pro (or Enterprise)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
gnadivi

SOLVE

It looks like you can customize smart rules based on Country, Device type, Referral source, Preferred language, Contact list membership, or Lifecycle stage.

What if I want to customize the content based on the collateral being downloaded? Which one would be applicable for that?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Are you using HubSpot Marketing Pro (or Enterprise)?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes