Email Marketing Tool

R_S
Participante

Dynamically create a link to subscription preferences

I am looking to add a link to the unsubscribe/ subscription preference page from my website. Is there an API call or other shortcut which will allow me to populate all the URL parameters, specifically the user key?

5 Respostas 5
devatsunnybyte
Membro

Hi Hubspot team we are also looking for this.  Is it possible to generate a link to manage a contact's subscriptions?

0 Avaliação positiva
R_S
Participante

Thank you @derekcavaliero. I had a feeling this would be the case so hopefully, @MiaSrebrnjak can find out if there's an alternative solution or something in the works.

0 Avaliação positiva
derekcavaliero
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@R_S That is a great question...

I am unaware of any documentation on what parameters need to be passed to the unsubscribe page for it to work properly. Theoretically - all the information you would need should be available inside the contact record - but without any concrete docs from HubSpot - I can't say what exactly would need done. The biggest question being that user key value - that may be something that is dynamically generated by the email sending server and not something easily accessible via HubL or via the contacts API.

@MiaSrebrnjak can you perhaps poke the tech team at HubSpot and see if this is in fact possible? We've had clients ask about doing this before, but we've steered them away from it due to unknowns and avoiding hacking something together that may not work 100% of the time.

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Thank you for your answer @derekcavaliero! I'll check with the team and see what I can find out!

Cheers,

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @R_S,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to ask the Community's API experts for their help as my API knowledge is limited: 

hi @tominal@derekcavaliero@himanshurauthan@DanielSanchez, any insights you could share on this matter? Thank you!   

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings