Email Marketing Tool

nick-la-vic
Participant

Dynamic images in email/smart content???

SOLVE

I need to send a marketing email to 2000 leads spread across 100 different geographic clusters. Each cluster has its own unique url for the CTA, and region-specific logo in the header. Also, some clusters use a different, translated version of the copy. I'm deeply surprised HubSpot doesn't really seem to have a way to accommodate this without building 100 templates, one for each geography. That just seems silly. Any great suggestions on this topic?

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nick-la-vic

I think the issues is that only Rich Text modules, not image or logo modules, support smart content - meaning that your logo image litereally needs to be inserted in the body of the email as an image in the rich text. 

I've not actually done this in practice on my portal but I did create a quick test - your logo needs to be where the second Blend logo, circled in red, is in this image:

Edit Email   Test.png

And you may well require a dedicated template to get that looking right. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @nick-la-vic

Assuming you have access to smart content features: If you can create an email template where your logo and copy are both within the editable section, you will be able to use smart content to personalise these based on the region. If the logo is outside the editable area, you would need additional templates to send emails using a different design. 

Hope that helps.

0 Upvotes
nick-la-vic
Participant

SOLVE

Phil, thanks for your feedback on this. If you don't mind, I have a followup question. The smart content will need to trigger off the lead's membership in a specific smartlist. Nothing crazy there. But, I literally can't figure out the process for making the logo itself smart. It IS editable. Any chance you could forward a screenshot of exactly how you do this? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @nick-la-vic

I think the issues is that only Rich Text modules, not image or logo modules, support smart content - meaning that your logo image litereally needs to be inserted in the body of the email as an image in the rich text. 

I've not actually done this in practice on my portal but I did create a quick test - your logo needs to be where the second Blend logo, circled in red, is in this image:

Edit Email   Test.png

And you may well require a dedicated template to get that looking right. 

Hope this helps.

nick-la-vic
Participant

SOLVE

Phil - excellent suggestion. We're gong to give this a try. Thank you!

0 Upvotes