Duplicate Contacts – Tips Anyone?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Our organization is in the travel industry, and we see a lot of duplicate contacts. To make this even more difficult, our database has not been cleared by underwriters and developers for the Hubspot API connection. 

We are trying to find a way to keep our database as clean as we can without having to do manual merges. We have thousands of contacts without the resources to devote to manual data scrubs. 

I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and found a solution? 

Each of our customers has their own code that isn't recognized with Hubspot. The goal was to combine customers with the same code/name. Then take the CSV back to Hubspot, complete and upload and have the records automatically merge. With their email field having more than one email address, it seems like this would be possible. I'm not quite sure which Excel functions to use  – a pivot table or conditional formatting? 

Anyone have any tips? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Community Manager

Hey @itsahand I'd reccommend also posting here for further help: integrate.hubspot.com