Email Marketing Tool

Flavs

Downloadable file in email template

SOLVE

I've created an email template and added a button to download two files, a Word document and a PNG image. The Word file downloads fine but the PNG opens in the browser instead. I tried changing its format but it still does the same. I need it to be downloaded into the client's computer like the Word letter, how do I make it work, please? 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Flavs,

This can be done, but you'd have to code your own HTML button, see for example this resource: How to Create Beautiful Bulletproof Email Buttons That Absolutely Work

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Flavs,

This behavior can be achieved with the 'download' attribute in HTML, for example:

<a href="https://community.hubspot.com/html/@A1F4F82CBB93513A856AEAAAD84C5F0F/assets/HubSpot_Logo_12_2_20.png" download>

Browsers supporting HTML5 should then prompt a download of the file instead of open it.

As far as I know, there isn't any option to set the default HubSpot CTAs (Menu > Marketing > Lead capture > CTAs) or the buttons in the drag and drop email editor to behave this way. You'd have to create your own custom HTML CTAs or link right from the text.

To do so, click into a text module of your email and find the source code option to access the HTML:

karstenkoehler_0-1629093167309.png

or

karstenkoehler_1-1629093188184.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Flavs

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thanks for your reply. I needed it to be in a button format, we tried to change the code for the button but the solution doesn't work for buttons. Is it safe to assume it is just not possible?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Flavs,

This can be done, but you'd have to code your own HTML button, see for example this resource: How to Create Beautiful Bulletproof Email Buttons That Absolutely Work

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

InagreatMedia
Participant

SOLVE

I also have an issue when I attach a button in an email template to a link. It takes the customer to this page first. But it doesn't do it on mobile. Is there a way to circumvent this page and if not can Hubspot do something about it because it scares and confuses customers.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 212256.jpg

0 Upvotes
Flavs

SOLVE

Thank you, @karstenkoehler!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes