Doube opt-in, Email Confirmation Status and API

Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Since I’m using HubSpot in Germany, activating the double opt-in feature is a must.

But we will collect and document the double opt-in outside of HubSpot most of the times. This means that after collecting a doube opt-in in an external system, the new contact should be synced over to HubSpot via the API. According to this article and this article the contact property “Email Confirmation Status” is set to “Customer marked confirmed” if a contact is imported (via CSV file) in case a valid doube opt-in was collected outside of HubSpot.

Now my question is: Can this also be achieved when creating a new contact via the API? Can I just set the contact property “Email Confirmation Status” to “Customer marked confirmed” as part of the API call which is used to create the new contact? Or is it not possible to directly set the “Email Confirmation Status” property? I couldn’t find anything about this in the developer docs.

5 Réponses
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

We are looking for this solution as well.  We have a very similar scenario where some leads come in through a HubSpot form (and we can use the double opt in functionality). But, we also have leads that sync into HubSpot from an integrated CRM system - these leads are manually entered into the CRM after the lead has visited one of our sales locations.  We don't want to push in-person visitors towards a double opt in but we want to enforce it for web leads.  Is there a way to set the Email Confirmation Status field for leads that don't come in through a HubSpot form?

Répondre
0 Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

I guess I should rather ask this question over at the dev forum.

Répondre
0 Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

Hi - I was wondering if you got an answer on your question? We are facing the same problem and are thinking about having all our contacts coming from our CRM via API to get the opt-in Email send automatically, to be on the safe side. This means they would have to be set to "opted out" automatically when pushed to HS and then receive the confirmation Email to actively opt-in. 

Best Iris

Répondre
0 Votes
Highlighted
Contributeur occasionnel

We decided against the double opt-in because of the CRM leads. Instead, we used the HubSpot forms API and put a 'signature pad' on our iPad registration forms so individuals could provide a signature or initials to confirm that they are who they say they are.  Not quite the same as the double opt-in but will satisfy the needs under the anti-spam legislation.

Répondre
0 Votes
Highlighted
Salarié HubSpot

https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/doube-opt-in-email-confirmation-status-and-api/7824

Just to record the answer here, setting the email confirmation status via API is not currently possible.