Email Marketing Tool

ksingleton
Participant

Does anyone use Hubspot to perform a "lift note" process

SOLVE

I'm the implementation lead (on our tech squad) for Hubspot in our organization and our communications team has asked me to help them solve a problem on how they can continue a pre-Hubspot process using Hubspot. They use a "lift note" process in MS Outlook in which they have our executive team forward our marketing emails to important organizational Contacts with a brief message.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this using Hubspot and I'm wondering if there are other people who do this and have found an efficient and effective way to do it. The "Send to More" in Marketing -> Email -> Email Details allows us to send it on to someone but you cannot add a note.

Do you recommed sending/logging emails from a Contact's details page?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Q: Does anyone use Hubspot to perform a "lift note" process?

Short A: Yes, but it's not automated.

Longer A:

Interesting question that harkens back to the heydays of direct mail. haha

We have a client whose executive SMEs routinely send email 'lift notes'. Here's how we make that work using HubSpot.

-1- We simply generate a special 'lift note' version of any marketing email to be used in the lift note process using a pre-designated sender and send that to the Marketing Director (MD).

-2- The MD forwards that lift note version marketing email to the executive SMEs with instructions to remove the forwarding information before sending on to their final recipients. That way it appears that the executive SME is the 1st forwarder.

[is 'forwarder' even a word?]

IMPORTANT NOTES
Since email tracking information can be lost when used in forwarded copies we've had to strategize a little around tracking content within the lift note versions of marketing email. Basically, we just use CTAs exclusive to the lift note versions.

The basic process is totally manual and fairly labor intensive on the part of the executive SMEs -- i.e., there's no 'templating' involved; no send tracking; and no open tracking. Hence, the importance of those exclusive CTAs (mentioned above).

Hope that helps.

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Q: Does anyone use Hubspot to perform a "lift note" process?

Short A: Yes, but it's not automated.

Longer A:

Interesting question that harkens back to the heydays of direct mail. haha

We have a client whose executive SMEs routinely send email 'lift notes'. Here's how we make that work using HubSpot.

-1- We simply generate a special 'lift note' version of any marketing email to be used in the lift note process using a pre-designated sender and send that to the Marketing Director (MD).

-2- The MD forwards that lift note version marketing email to the executive SMEs with instructions to remove the forwarding information before sending on to their final recipients. That way it appears that the executive SME is the 1st forwarder.

[is 'forwarder' even a word?]

IMPORTANT NOTES
Since email tracking information can be lost when used in forwarded copies we've had to strategize a little around tracking content within the lift note versions of marketing email. Basically, we just use CTAs exclusive to the lift note versions.

The basic process is totally manual and fairly labor intensive on the part of the executive SMEs -- i.e., there's no 'templating' involved; no send tracking; and no open tracking. Hence, the importance of those exclusive CTAs (mentioned above).

Hope that helps.

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
ksingleton
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Frank. What you described is pretty close to what our communications and partnerships team does using Outlook and our pre-Hubspot outbound email toolset. I had hoped that there was a feature that I had yet to stumble across that allowed us to do that part that your SMEs are doing.

Sending an email directly from the Contact record connected to Gmail/Office365 would work perfectly except I can't include an existing email or CTA. I can only do links, snippets, and write new content.

Glad to hear that we're not way off in how best to approach this.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You're welcome @ksingleton. Our client that's been using lift notes has been doing so for 5+ years, so must be working for them -- they're smart guys. However, since its lack of send and open tracking means we can't see meaningful stats related to clicks, we aren't more involved in the process. 

Also, based on the little research we performed when first learning about the overall strategy, it makes perfect sense that lift notes could conceivably increase conversions. After all, that's the basic premise behind influencer marketing.

We also use a host of bots in our arsenal to automate things that HubSpot doesn't currently automate. I'm certain we can improve the process ... just don't have it on our desk as of yet.

Always happy to brainstorm on these sorts of 'out-the-box' HubSpot tactics and adapting them to on-platform success stories. Reach out anytime if interested in pursuing.

Best,

Frank @ MFJLabs

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes