Email Marketing Tool

amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

Does anyone embed surveys in emails?

resolver

Hi Everyone - 

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried embedded surveys into emails?  I receive one periodically from various companies and was wondering if this would be a good tactic for our company for our Customer Satisfaction Survey to get more responses.

1)  I am not sure if HubSpot supports this.

2)  Curious how spambots react to it

3)  What integrations are available to do this

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Solução aceitas
Ben_Caliper
Solução
Participante

resolver

From experience, forms don't work consistently in enough email clients where I would typically recommend embedding them. The better approach would be to link the survey from your email and let the prospect complete the form in their browser.

Exibir solução no post original

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Q: I was wondering if anyone has ever tried embedded surveys into emails??

Short A: Years ago, and now recommend against it for most platforms.

Longer A:

Delivery of proper surveys contained in email are highly unreliable across many email clients (the determining factor), so we abandoned the tactic in 2015. That being said, you can still achieve excellent question/answer results using HubSpot CTAs in email.

Here's just one example of a one-question, image-based email 'survey' that we see great success with.

(see image)One Question Email Survey: How do you feel about us?One Question Email Survey: How do you feel about us?

Naturally, you may unleash all of your workflow kung fu as responses are received. Depending on how you choose to handle responses this can also be a very low-pressure, spam-resilient tactic with which to open the net promoter score (NPS) conversation.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

10 Respostas 10
TRoberts1
Participante

resolver

Exactly. @TonyJ1992 Did you get an answer?

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Q: I was wondering if anyone has ever tried embedded surveys into emails??

Short A: Years ago, and now recommend against it for most platforms.

Longer A:

Delivery of proper surveys contained in email are highly unreliable across many email clients (the determining factor), so we abandoned the tactic in 2015. That being said, you can still achieve excellent question/answer results using HubSpot CTAs in email.

Here's just one example of a one-question, image-based email 'survey' that we see great success with.

(see image)One Question Email Survey: How do you feel about us?One Question Email Survey: How do you feel about us?

Naturally, you may unleash all of your workflow kung fu as responses are received. Depending on how you choose to handle responses this can also be a very low-pressure, spam-resilient tactic with which to open the net promoter score (NPS) conversation.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
TonyJ1992
Membro

resolver

This is awesoem Frank! I had a question though. Where were the individual CTAs routing when clicked? 

pereoz
Membro

resolver

Hi Frank, Could you explain more how to implement the CTA to capture the satisfaction level of a customer? Ill like to know if they liked it and if possible, I want them to write an endorsement.

I tried with the customer service survey, but it was impossible.

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

@pereoz, this Example Hubspot conversion path will demonstrate the use of these CTAs in email. Careful, we've limited the conversion path to fire only once per unique email address, so ...

Hope that helps.

Enjoy

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

That HubSpot portal has GDPR enabled, so the conversion path will not continue until you opt-in.

- see image

julian-workflow.png

Note: delivery will automatically fail unless you opt-in by the same time tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
pereoz
Membro

resolver

And how do I implement that? that is what I need, And send the user to a page with a text box where he can leave a few words.

Thanks 

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Pretty straight forward. Use HubSpot Smart Lists to identify the CTA clickers and trigger workflows based on membership to those Smart Lists!

Happy to drop screenshots in a separate 'new' thread, so searchers are able to find it easily ... maybe entitle the new thread, "How to use HubSpot CTAs to trigger simple survey responses in email".

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
Ben_Caliper
Solução
Participante

resolver

From experience, forms don't work consistently in enough email clients where I would typically recommend embedding them. The better approach would be to link the survey from your email and let the prospect complete the form in their browser.

amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Ben - that was kind of what I was thinking too.  But was curious if anyone had luck with it since I see it evry so often. Even so, it probably wouldn't work well for us in our specific case since we work with a lot of customers in the military sector (which have extreme spam parameters!).  Thank you for your thoughts!

0 Avaliação positiva