Email Marketing Tool

Does Archiving A Subscription Type Affect Email Delivery

SOLVE

If we archive a subscription type, will that impact client's email delivery? We just created the subscription type for the emails were sending out before for one of our programs.

(got no active lists using this subscription type, no workflow with this subscription type as trigger)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @08076 

Archiving a subscription type doesn't have a direct impact on email deliverability.

However you might want to review your approach to subscription types, ideally they should have a long shelf life, and hit the sweet spot between being not too generic and not too specific, i.e.:

• "marketing" = too generic
  • "product updates" = good description
  • "product A monthly newsletter" = a bit too specific

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @08076 

Archiving a subscription type doesn't have a direct impact on email deliverability.

However you might want to review your approach to subscription types, ideally they should have a long shelf life, and hit the sweet spot between being not too generic and not too specific, i.e.:

• "marketing" = too generic
  • "product updates" = good description
  • "product A monthly newsletter" = a bit too specific

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
DPMortimer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Frank

To double check, if a subscription type gets archived but an automated email is using it in a live workflow still, will the email still send?

Assuming the recipient is subscribed to that option, of course.

Our scenarios is: We have multiple subscription types A, B and C which should all actually be under X.

So we've created Subscription X and want to change the emails using A, B and C to X... But want to avoid doing it manually if possible as there are a LOT.

0 Upvotes