Email Marketing Tool

ARaijmakers

Different look in Outlook and Gmail

SOLVE

Hi,

I already read some things about the Outlook vs other emailproviders, but I still have some questions. 

I made our first email in Hubspot. I tested it before and everthing looked great in Gmail. Now we switched from Gmail to Outlook and my testmail looks different. In the app version de backroundcolor disappears and in the online version no pictures en logo's are showing. 

It's important that the receivers get the correct version of the email. Doen anyone knows how to fix this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARaijmakers,

Outlook renders marketing emails differently due to it's limited support for CSS, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook

As community managers have pointed out in earlier posts on this, it's "out of our control as its because of how Outlook reads and processes the code".

For the classic email editor, you can follow the steps outlined here to work on unwanted discrepancies: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook

In the drag and drop email editor, unfortunately there are limited options, see also this thread: My email has lines through it in Outlook?

(Don't shoot the messenger.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SCook802

SOLVE

We are also experiencing issues with Gmail. Images are not rendering. Have been around and around on this subject with HubSpot support and still don't have a consensus. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SCook802, hope you are doing well!

I can see that you are working on this with the support team. In this type of scenarios support is the best team to reach out, since the problem with rendering images could be due to many different factors and also be very specific depending on the domain connected, where the images are hosted etc that being said, I encourage you to continue the conversation with the team in case you have follow-ups questions regarding this topic. 

Best,

Diana 

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
SCook802

SOLVE
Hi Diana,

I have worked with three different members of the support team via three
different tickets and have not resolved this issue. It's been 4 business
days and I have multiple emails waiting to be distributed. If you could
help to elevate this issue it would be greatly appreciated.
0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Sure @SCook802 thanks for letting me know. The last support rep is already in contact with the internal team to make sure you have a solution or steps to fix this asap.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ARaijmakers,

Outlook renders marketing emails differently due to it's limited support for CSS, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook

As community managers have pointed out in earlier posts on this, it's "out of our control as its because of how Outlook reads and processes the code".

For the classic email editor, you can follow the steps outlined here to work on unwanted discrepancies: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook

In the drag and drop email editor, unfortunately there are limited options, see also this thread: My email has lines through it in Outlook?

(Don't shoot the messenger.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.