Email Marketing Tool

SvanWijngaarden
Participant

Delays in workflows

SOLVE

When creating a workflow with delays for lets say reminder e-mails. Are those delays adding up or do they all count from the initial trigger? So let's say I want to remind a recipient every 15 days that they have to fill out a form. Do I set the second reminder to 15 days, or 30 days?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Delays in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @SvanWijngaarden,

Delays are always added to previous delays. They are not counted from the beginning.

For example, the following workflow would send the second email two days after a contact was enrolled.

Enrollment 1 day delay Send email 1 → 1 day delay → Send email 2

The workflow below would set a property value 5 days after enrollment and send an email 15 days after enrollment.

Enrollment 5 day delay Set property value → 10 day delay → Send email 1

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Delays in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @SvanWijngaarden,

Delays are always added to previous delays. They are not counted from the beginning.

For example, the following workflow would send the second email two days after a contact was enrolled.

Enrollment 1 day delay Send email 1 → 1 day delay → Send email 2

The workflow below would set a property value 5 days after enrollment and send an email 15 days after enrollment.

Enrollment 5 day delay Set property value → 10 day delay → Send email 1

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.