Email Marketing Tool

PedroLima
Participant

Default Token being used even though the field is not empty

SOLVE

Hi,

I am running into a problem and I am not sure how to fix it.

An email will be sent out in a few days. I have created an email with  the contact's *First name* token and at the bottom of the email I put some information (token) from the contact owner *Full name* and *Email*.

When I send out this email, the tokens are being populate with the default value even though the contact has a first name and a contact owner.

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

Kind Regards,
Pedro

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PedroLima,

What happens when you preview your email for this contact? Does it show the default values or the correct values?

I would also check whether this behavior only occurs in this one email or in other emails as well. If it's this email only, removing the section of the email and re-adding it (or starting from scratch) might work.

You can also reach out to HubSpot support about this. It's included in Enterprise subscriptions: https://help.hubspot.com/ The support team can access your portal, check the contact record, source code of the email and better assess whether this is due to a human error or a bug.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
PedroLima
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The Soluiton was very simple.

When sending tokens in emails the actual contact's properties will be used when the email is activated. If the email is sent as a draft the deafult values will be used for the tokens.

To conclude, I was receiving the default values even though the contact has a value is because it was a draft email.

Kind Regards,
Pedro

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PedroLima,

What happens when you preview your email for this contact? Does it show the default values or the correct values?

I would also check whether this behavior only occurs in this one email or in other emails as well. If it's this email only, removing the section of the email and re-adding it (or starting from scratch) might work.

You can also reach out to HubSpot support about this. It's included in Enterprise subscriptions: https://help.hubspot.com/ The support team can access your portal, check the contact record, source code of the email and better assess whether this is due to a human error or a bug.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PedroLima
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you for your reply.

The email shows the dafault value. I have tried with other contacts but the behavior is the same.
I have sent an emailt o support but I will keep investigating it. Once I find the solution I will be updating this post.

Many Thanks,
Pedro

0 Upvotes
PedroLima
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

The Soluiton was very simple.

When sending tokens in emails the actual contact's properties will be used when the email is activated. If the email is sent as a draft the deafult values will be used for the tokens.

To conclude, I was receiving the default values even though the contact has a value is because it was a draft email.

Kind Regards,
Pedro

0 Upvotes