Email Marketing Tool

Revanche83
Participant

Customized Images for Emails

SOLVE

I want to use a custom image for each company to which I am sending a specific email.

The email compares what their cardholders currently see to what WOULD see if the company partnered with us.

email-piece.JPG

Right now, I would need to create a file property in Contacts. Then I have to populate EACH contact for every company with the appropriate file.

Unless I am missing something, what I really need is a property in the Company section in order to house their special image.

I DID have a set of workflows to auto-populate every contact based on their connection with the appropriate companies. However, that option seems to have dissappeared on me.

Any assistance in making this simpler would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>Also, workflows don't allow me to populate a custom file/image contact property anymore.

The solution is to store the HubSpot image URL in a custom property (type: single-line text). HubSpot still supports this functionality. Not sure what you mean.

Regarding job-hoppers. Understood.

All that means is we need to store our images in the custom company property and build our workflow to trigger whenever a contact's company changes. That way, even if they job-hop their contact record will stay up-to-date.

2020 UPDATE: This solution may no longer work depending on the email template &/or editor used. You'll need to test to be sure.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
MackenzieAustin
Participant

SOLVE

I just tried following these steps. I created a contact property and populated a URL for an image for each contact (This was based on their contact owner so it was simple to run a workflow of their contact owner = XYZ so then the photo URL property will be XYZ, etc.)  But when populating that personal token into the email, it shows as a link. Anyone know how to get it to show as an image?

SEppolito
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue... It displays as a link but I want it as an image 

0 Upvotes
MBailet
Participant

SOLVE

Same thing for me. This solution doesn't seem to work 😞

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: How to include custom images in emails for each contact based on company association?

Short A: Your original method is a good one. It's easy to maintain and troubleshoot AND it's scalable.

Longer A:

Emails are contact-centric, so ... it's probably a good idea to keep the link to each image in a contact property. I mean, you can always add the images to a company contact and build a workflow to auto-update the image URLs for associated contacts, but why bother? Unless you have contacts jumping from company to company on a regular basis, it's probably not worth the extra complexity.

Solution:

-1- Upload images (all the exact same dimensions) to HubSpot.

-2- Copy uploaded image URL to each contact record -- custom contact property.

-3- Customize your email template to auto-populate your image module using the URL contained in the contact record.

Done!

2020 UPDATE: This solution may no longer work depending on the email template &/or editor used. You'll need to test to be sure.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Revanche83
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your response, Frank.

However, I have to disagree as to the effectiveness of my original solution.

Our industry does see quite a few people change employers on a regular basis. In addition, we see a lot of consolidation between institutions, forming of new institutions, etc.

The result is that adding a custom image to each contact is tedious and time consuming. (On top of the work already performed to create literally hundreds of custom images.)

Also, workflows don't allow me to populate a custom file/image contact property anymore. 😞

As of right now, I will have to assume I am sending these out in mini-batches until HubSpot allows me to have an image/file property for companies.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>Also, workflows don't allow me to populate a custom file/image contact property anymore.

The solution is to store the HubSpot image URL in a custom property (type: single-line text). HubSpot still supports this functionality. Not sure what you mean.

Regarding job-hoppers. Understood.

All that means is we need to store our images in the custom company property and build our workflow to trigger whenever a contact's company changes. That way, even if they job-hop their contact record will stay up-to-date.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Revanche83
Participant

SOLVE

The solution is to store the HubSpot image URL in a custom property (type: single-line text).

Ah ha!

I was only using the specific "file upload" property available in for contacts (but not for companies). Utilizing the single-line text function for a company property is exactly the solution for which I was searching.

No workflows needed.

Cheers!

Than