Email Marketing Tool

Rachael

Customize email subscription page

SOLVE

We have eight email subscription types, four B2B and four B2C. As Hubspot will only allow for one email preferences page it has sometimes become a little confusing to users to see additional categories that are irrelevant and not beneficial for us to have B2C contacts opting into B2B categories and vice-versa. I opened a Hubspot support ticket and was informed while this was not currently a Hubspot feature a developer could separate them into two separate pages using Javascript. 

Has anyone had experience with this, attempted it, or had any success splitting email categories for audiences? 

1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @Rachael

Thank you for sharing your example of how you are using the subscriptions. 

Right now it will be best to keep one page as to centralize that data collection however, there a few ideas currently around how to better use Subscription pages and what other features would be good to have inside of HubSpot. 

I believe your case aligns with some other ideas that have been posted (for example here) to look into the idea of this being a HubSpot feature if you can add your comments onto this idea that would be wonderful. 

If you have any more questions please let me know. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Rachael are you able to share some examples of the email types you have set up and how you use them? Is it possible also to share a link to this preference page? @Josh have you come accross this challenge / goal before?

0 Upvotes
Rachael

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @roisinkirby! So we have a B2B and a B2C audience, the categories are as follows:

B2C - job alerts, job search resources, professional development

B2B - Product updates, recruitment resources, recruitment events, teacher professional development

When any contact manages their preferences they are directed to our preferences page that shows all B2B and B2C. The page itself is secured within our account and I don't want to share it on a public space, outside of our database.

I did open a ticket about this and since got a reply explaining that this isn't possible and not a feature supported by Hubspot but that someone on our dev team may be able to split them for us and host them on separate domains. We're going with this option but it's a decent amount of work to connect them across Salesforce and Drupal so it would be great to see this become a Hubspot feature in the future!

cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @Rachael

Thank you for sharing your example of how you are using the subscriptions. 

Right now it will be best to keep one page as to centralize that data collection however, there a few ideas currently around how to better use Subscription pages and what other features would be good to have inside of HubSpot. 

I believe your case aligns with some other ideas that have been posted (for example here) to look into the idea of this being a HubSpot feature if you can add your comments onto this idea that would be wonderful. 

If you have any more questions please let me know. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
rachelbjordan
Participant

SOLVE

Is there any update on this? I'd like to have one subscription settings page for customers, and a different one for prospects.

That'll allow me to offer each group the right options, without cluttering the page or showing anyone irrelevant options.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing those details @Rachael!

@cbsembler are you aware of any precedent to use different subscription pages for different email lists?

0 Upvotes