Email Marketing Tool

BKarklins

Customised Email Frequency Caps per user

SOLVE

I am in the process of optimising our email send frequency for our eCommerce business. Our customers are able to select their own frequency preferences (Daily, Tri-Weekly, and Weekly), they then get segmented into lists based on their preferences.

I was wondering if there is a way to set a frequency cap for individual customers instead of the entire contact base. 

For example; If a customer is set to weekly then their frequency cap is max 2 emails per week. If they are tri-weekly then their max is 4 emails per week etc. 

Does anyone know of a work around for this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BKarklins,

There aren't and any default features for this, correct, it would require a custom setup, requiring Operations Hub Professional. Here's how I would approach this.

First, you would need a custom number property on the company record and the contact record which stores the company's email frequency cap. A company-based workflow would copy this from the company record into all associated contact records. Let's call this "Weekly company email frequency cap".

Next, you would create a contact number property "Number of emails sent this week". This is populated by workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1665462754889.png

A scheduled contact-based workflow set the value of "Number of emails sent this week" to 0 every Monday morning 0:01 AM.

Lastly, you would create a calculation property which subtracts "Number of emails sent this week" from "Weekly company email frequency cap". You can then build a list of contacts where this number is 0 or smaller and use it as an exclusion list for all emails. (You would have to manually exclude this list from every email.)

Without Operations Hub Professional, someone would have to manually reset the number property every Monday. (If you're evaluating purchasing Operations Hub Professional, let me know / feel free to book a meeting with me. I can share some helpful resources with you directly.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BKarklins,

There aren't and any default features for this, correct, it would require a custom setup, requiring Operations Hub Professional. Here's how I would approach this.

First, you would need a custom number property on the company record and the contact record which stores the company's email frequency cap. A company-based workflow would copy this from the company record into all associated contact records. Let's call this "Weekly company email frequency cap".

Next, you would create a contact number property "Number of emails sent this week". This is populated by workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1665462754889.png

A scheduled contact-based workflow set the value of "Number of emails sent this week" to 0 every Monday morning 0:01 AM.

Lastly, you would create a calculation property which subtracts "Number of emails sent this week" from "Weekly company email frequency cap". You can then build a list of contacts where this number is 0 or smaller and use it as an exclusion list for all emails. (You would have to manually exclude this list from every email.)

Without Operations Hub Professional, someone would have to manually reset the number property every Monday. (If you're evaluating purchasing Operations Hub Professional, let me know / feel free to book a meeting with me. I can share some helpful resources with you directly.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BKarklins

SOLVE

Awesome! Thanks so much for that Karsten. Sounds like a good workaround. I'll definitely keep it as an option. 

0 Upvotes