Custom email module that contains child company info

Occasional Contributor

Hi!

We'd like to send a statistics email to our clients every month containing info about their usage of our service.

The data is structured so there's a contact that is linked to a parent company. That parent company has X amounts of child companies (all with different usage stats as custom props).

The goal is to send a single email where the stats from child companies are in a table and are all separated (not summed together).

How can I do that?

I've tested out with custom email modules and there're nice loops/if/else statements there, but how do I get the list (and props) from "all child companies of this company from this contact (who gets the email)"? Then loop through the list of child companies and add them to the email.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Regular Advisor

I think what you are asking for may be more complex than what the email tool is designed to do from the front-end.  Have you considered an API generated email where you pull the data from your server and then use Hubspot to send out the mail?  This is the direction I would recommend going.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/email/transactional_email 

Occasional Contributor

That's unfortunate. If you can think of any other way I could get a similar result just with only HubSpot then that would be helpful.

The reason is that the stats email also contains some marketing messages (like new features) that are created manually by our marketing team before sending the stats email. If we send this out via our own service automatically every month then customizing those marketing messages would be more complicated.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Yes, as said before, this is currently not implemented.

But our firm really needs this feature.

Therefore, we added the query "to have HUBL if's for emails" to the ideas here in the forum.

If you agree, please support this idea which queries for if statements in HUBL for emails:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/if-statements-in-email-templates/idi-p/282907

0 Upvotes