Email Marketing Tool

LaetitiaBoden
Participant

Creating a custom URL for newsletters

SOLVE

Hi.

I want to send a newsletter to our users, and have a custom url for each of them.

The contacts are set up with their subdomain as a contact property, but not the whole URL. How do I incorporate the subdomain to the rest of the URL so they have a clickable link?

For example - the contact property will be "subdomain" and I'd like a button that click to take the to "subdomain.gatheroo.io" 

I don't have an option to add "personalisation" to the URL link, I thought I might be able to do it with the "internal name" but I can't find how to do this.

Thanks

Laetitia

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LaetitiaBoden,

You're correct, there's a syntax for personalization tokens that uses the internal label of a property. Let's assume you have a property Subdomain (with the internal label "subdomain"), then this would be:

{{ contact.subdomain }}

(The space characters inside of the curly brackets are important.)

In your marketing email, you can switch to the HTML of a text module and set up your link like below:

<a href="{{ contact.subdomain }}.gatheroo.io">{{ contact.subdomain }}</a>

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LaetitiaBoden,

You're correct, there's a syntax for personalization tokens that uses the internal label of a property. Let's assume you have a property Subdomain (with the internal label "subdomain"), then this would be:

{{ contact.subdomain }}

(The space characters inside of the curly brackets are important.)

In your marketing email, you can switch to the HTML of a text module and set up your link like below:

<a href="{{ contact.subdomain }}.gatheroo.io">{{ contact.subdomain }}</a>

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LaetitiaBoden
Participant

SOLVE
Perfect – thanks!

0 Upvotes