Email Marketing Tool

Heidi1
Contributor

Create option to send emails to multiple email addresses on one contact record

We have numerous contacts who read our emails from a work email and a personal email address. So I cannot combine them into one contact record. This throws off our data for that contact.

Would it be possible to create an option to send to multiple email addresses on one contact record?

5 Replies 5
NDippenaar
Participant

I most certainly agree - we can however add more than one email address into one contact card. Its the deliverability to all email addresses listed under 1 contact that would be beneficial. Hubspot?

Heidi1
Contributor

Exactly! 😀 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello  @Heidi1,

When  sending a marketing email to a list, the system will only look at the address that is housed in the property "email", as the best workaround would be to create a separate contact record for that other email if you wish to send a marketing email to both of these addresses.

If you are sending a one to one email to this contact from their contact record you can add the email that appears under the "Contact email" property in the "to" section in the email draft.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Heidi1
Contributor

Yes, this would work well for one-to-one emails but the core problem is with contact data for marketing emails. Basically, if they have to have two contact records in order to receive a newsletter at home and at work and they only open one of these for a particular email campaign then that's 1 open and 1 nonopen. So each contact record cancels eachother out and and each contact record appears a lot less engaged than they actually are. Wish there was a way around that. 

0 Upvotes
Heidi1
Contributor

Hi Pam.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

As I've been clearing out duplicate records and going through them one-by-one, I've noticed a trend that our contacts will often have two or more records so that they can receive marketing emails either at home (i.e. gmail) and at work (i.e. an obvious corporate address). 

The irony, is that these contacts tend to be comprised of highly engaged contacts, but their activity is misrepresented — divided between two or more records resulting in lower engagement rankings.  

Thanks.

Heidi