Email Marketing Tool

FLi
Participant

Create a list membership for another list

SOLVE

Hello, 

I would like to upload a list of user id and turn it into a list membership (without mapping this list to the existing database because I do not want to change anything in my database)

so that I can create another list and make sure of this manual inputted list to exclude users (is not a member of this list membership).

Can I do that?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FLi,

You can import a list following these steps: Import one object

Let me know if you get stuck at any stage.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help, @FLi!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FLi,

You can import a list following these steps: Import one object

Let me know if you get stuck at any stage.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

FLi
Participant

SOLVE

thank you so much @karstenkoehler Really appreciate your help!

FLi
Participant

SOLVE

yes @karstenkoehler how can i import List 1? say my List 1 is a list of 6000 email addresses/ user id. 

Thanks much for replying!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FLi,

If you want a list of all contacts who have opened an email but are not part of your imported list, you could create an additional list with these criteria below:

karstenkoehler_0-1624523857708.png

Does this answer your question?

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FLi,

Could you try to specify your request? When you say you would like to upload a list of users IDs, are you referring to a regular import file containing contact information (email address, first name, last name etc)?

@FLi wrote:

without mapping this list to the existing database because I do not want to change anything in my database

If I understand you correctly here, that is not possible. When you decide to upload contacts and map import file columns to HubSpot properties, existing contacts will be overwritten with that new information.

@FLi wrote:

so that I can create another list and make sure of this manual inputted list to exclude users (is not a member of this list membership).

This is possible, yes. When you create a new list, you can select the Filter type "List membership".

karstenkoehler_0-1624522535495.png

karstenkoehler_1-1624522555928.png

Let me know if that answers your questions. Happy to help if you provide further context.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

FLi
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @karstenkoehler 

My input is just a list of user id - no contact information.  I did not manage to get the email addresses because of some company privacy issues.

but just assume if I can address a list of email addresses. What my situation is : I wanted to create a list of users who opened my campaign email and is not a member of the manual list I am importing.

Because I do not have a property of bonus takers of every individual campaign and this is an one-off situation which I don't want to create a custom property for. But it seems like there is no such easy import of manual list for exclusion.

0 Upvotes