Email Marketing Tool

Participant

Create Multiple Email Categories

SOLVE

Hi

Many of our contacts have very different relationships with us, sometimes at the same time. Eg. B2B customer may also be an end user of the product and be on our newsletter list.

We send very different communications to different  (eg. B2B sales emails, business development). Is there any way to tag/categorise emails (ideally automatically)?

Specifically - when we go on the contact page, currently we see a long list of emails in the right hand panel, but marketing and business development emails are all mixed together. As a business development person, I have to filter through lots of marketing emails and newsletters that aren't relevant to me. I would like to be able to filter to just see business development emails for that contact.

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @09379,

Are you referring to the timeline on a contact record? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

When you filter the timeline (as explained in the post linked above), you can select or deselect Communication > Emails (these are one-to-one sales emails) and Contact Activity > Marketing Emails (these are marketing emails).

As far as the timeline activity goes, there aren't any additional filtering options for emails.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @09379,

If we're still talking about HubSpot emails the timeline on a contact record, I'm pretty sure this is not possible. It can't be customized. If you feel strongly about this feature, you can suggest it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these posts based on popularity.

If you want to be able to better filter types of marketing emails in the marketing email overview (Menu > Marketing > Email), your best option is defining a naming convention for your emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @09379,

If we're still talking about HubSpot emails the timeline on a contact record, I'm pretty sure this is not possible. It can't be customized. If you feel strongly about this feature, you can suggest it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these posts based on popularity.

If you want to be able to better filter types of marketing emails in the marketing email overview (Menu > Marketing > Email), your best option is defining a naming convention for your emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @09379,

Are you referring to the timeline on a contact record? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

When you filter the timeline (as explained in the post linked above), you can select or deselect Communication > Emails (these are one-to-one sales emails) and Contact Activity > Marketing Emails (these are marketing emails).

As far as the timeline activity goes, there aren't any additional filtering options for emails.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Participant

SOLVE

Thanks. This is better than nothing although it wouldn't really solve our problem. Is there not a way to add additional filterable fields and assign them to certain emails? 

Eg. create a distinction between marketing emails that are newsletters vs those that are sales emails vs those that are order-specific emails.

Even if this required us to pay someone to customise this on hubspot.

Participant

SOLVE

or just generally, is there a way to categorise emails. eg. some relate to product A, some relate to product B

So we could search specifically for emails relating to product B