Create E-mail Subscription Type for Customers (lifecycle) they can't opt-out from

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We e-mail customers (lifecycle = customer) from time to time important information regarding security issues, updates, new pricing and options. This is not marketing information.

At this point customer can opt themselves out of all subscription types. Why would they do that? Well because they don't always read that well.

It would be nice if we could 'mark' a Subscription Type as 'internal' or 'service message'. This Subscription Type then would be hidden from Subscription Preferences Page (or unable to unsubsribe if it is a 'internal' subsciption).

Right now I use the workaround with a workflow that IF a customer (lifecycle = customer) unsubscribes from a specific list we get an email notification. Unfortunually this puts the action on us rather then the customer. Its also easy to be forget increasing the risk of mistakes.

Would be great to have this feature!

5 Replies 5
Regular Advisor

Hey @mlelieveld 

So this is a type of subscription that is already in HubSpot called "Transactional" you can learn more about it here.  It is an additional Add-on purchase though ($1,000/month).

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Bryantworks thank you for your reply. If Transactional is the answer. Then without the $1.000/month add-on fee! Smiley Indifferent

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

@mlelieveld There's not really another solution inside of HubSpot for this, you are required by CAN-SPAM laws to allow opt-outs.  If you truly need transactional emails (receipts, password resets, account notifications, etc.) and don't want to go with the add-on in HubSpot, you might find another provider like SendGrid?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @Bryantworks ,

It in my opinion something different then you discribe as Transactional Email for receipts, password resets, account notifications etc. Its a Bulk Message Marketing Newsletter kind of messasge that need to be send to +/- 100 people at the time using Active Lists.

Knowing this, do you still think Transaction Email add-on is the solution. I'm used of have the 'service message' feature from other newsletter tools that we used before working with HubSpot.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hey @mlelieveld 

When you describe it as a "Bulk Message Marketing Newsletter" this is not a transactional subscription type and a user has to have the ability to unsubscribe as required by CAN-SPAM laws (if in the US).  This is something yourself and HubSpot has to comply with.  This is something that all email platforms will likely comply with, not just HubSpot.

I would recommend checking out this blog post to better understand what counts as marketing emails and what counts as transactional.  

Hope I was able to help clarify!

0 Upvotes