Email Marketing Tool

JvdB

Content in RSS e-mail module gets deleted at second send

SOLVE

Hi there,

We have an issue we would like to solve regarding the disappearance of content in our newsletters after a second send. 

We send a daily newsletter and schedule these e-mails in hubspot seperatly by the day (so we got 1 mail for monday, thats scheduled to send evey week, 1 for tuesday etc.) We use an external RSS-feed to fill the e-mails with articles and advertorials. 

Our newsletter doesn't always contain 'new' content. It happens that article X is send on Monday AND on Tuesday (and maybe even a week later after the first send). But Hubspot deletes the content from te e-mail when a contact has received an article on an earlier send. Is there a way to turn off this function? Or is there a workaround? And does anyone know on what basis the system sees that the content was send before (is a 'title' the reason or an 'ID', 'description' etc.)?

We really like to know! 🙂

Jelle

1 Accepted solution
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvdB ,

I found confirmation that this is the functionality - you can read about it in further depth here - Each RSS email will only include new posts since the prior send of the email, up to the selected num...

I'm afraid I cannot find a way to be able to customise your rss feed to include older - already sent content. So, I can confirm this is not possible currently.
I do think that is a really great idea though and your use case would be a great example to share on
Community Ideas Forum

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvdB ,
You sending these as Marketing Emails via workflows

So, typically, if a contact is on the recipient list for a Marketing Email, they won't be able to receive that same email twice. What people usually do is clone their marketing emails in order to send similar emails to the same contact.

I don't think there's any way to disable this setting. 

Say, if the emails are sent via a workflow, then-

Yes that should work, if the contacts are re-enrolled into the same workflow, they should receive any email in that workflow. 

So, I can't find any direct documentation for this, but this article lists all the reasons a Contact won't receive an email. You'll see that multiples of the same email isn't listed as a reason. I am also sharinf this article on how to create automated emails for sending via workflow. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
JvdB

SOLVE

Hi @webdew 

Thank you for your response!

We don't use the workflows to send our newsletter at this moment. We are planning to use the RSS / Blog e-mails to send our newsletters (we tested this earlier this week and found out about our issue). We really like to keep using this method. The data that you can analyze from these e-mails is more practical for us because you can analyze 1 sending (we send our newsletters at consistent dates & times) at the time. When you use the workflows, you can only analyze the peformance of the total amount of data. 

If we send the e-mail trough a workflow, we see another issue as well: How can we re-enroll the contacts in the workflows we use to send the e-mails without tempering with their subscription types (on which our send lists are based)? And what would the trigger be to enroll in the workflow, would that be based on a list membership or a subscription type?

You mentioned to clone the marketing e-mails. This is a solution to our problem, but not very ideal. We send more than 10 newsletters a week, so that means we have to clone a lot of e-mails every week / month. We would like to keep the feature that sends the e-mail every day of the week automatically. 

We would like to manipulate the rules in Hubspot that say which piece of content has been send, and which piece of content hasn't been send. We would like to edit some features in our RSS feed to fool the system and letting it think the content that we have send is 'new'.  Do you think this is possible?

We really like to keep sendings this e-mails automatically with the least amount of manual cloneing. I know we ask for a lot, but we think we can work it out. 

Thanks,

Jelle

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JvdB ,

I found confirmation that this is the functionality - you can read about it in further depth here - Each RSS email will only include new posts since the prior send of the email, up to the selected num...

I'm afraid I cannot find a way to be able to customise your rss feed to include older - already sent content. So, I can confirm this is not possible currently.
I do think that is a really great idea though and your use case would be a great example to share on
Community Ideas Forum

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards.