Email Marketing Tool

CBaroquillo
Mitglied

Contact Details - First Names Error

lösung

We are in the process of sending out bulk of emails now and we noticed that there is something wrong with the first names. when I checked the list of contacts, there are more contacts with incorrect first names. the record itself are incorrect. I entered these contacts and made sure the names are correct but upon checking now, there are tons of incorrect ones.

Can you please fix this ASAP? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

In that case, unfortunately, the email was likely fully sent and the damage is done. You could import the correct information and send an updated email, apologizing for any inconvenience or confusion caused.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

While it is possible, it's also unusual that HubSpot would make changes here autonomously. When you're looking at a contact record with a wrong first name, you can hover over the First name field in the left sidebar. A "Details" button should pop up. When you click it, a right sidebar will open and show you, if and when the current name was changed before.

karstenkoehler_0-1633668385576.png

karstenkoehler_1-1633668404885.png

If you can't make sense of this property history, feel free to share a screenshot of this right sidebar.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CBaroquillo
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Karsten!

Thanks for the response; yes, I can see that it was updated yesterday - Property changed by an import. What does that mean? We imported the list yesterday but did not change the first names at all.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

Unfortunately it seems like that's what happened. You can check the import file by navigating to Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Import and scrolling down to find the import in question. Hover the mouse over it, click More > Download Contacts file. Are contacts / first names correct in this file?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CBaroquillo
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Karsten,

I see that the import itself has the problem though I remember I did not ever update any first names or rows. I just cross-checked the file to what industry it's in. I made a static list. Does that affect?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

Imports are automatically created as static lists, that is not the issue here. The issue would unfortunately be the source file – while editing or preparing that file, someone must have made a mistake. If the input (the import file) was incorrect, this is not something that could've been prevented by any choices or settings made in HubSpot.

To revert the change, you could either import a correct file for these contacts (HubSpot will update them based on the email address) or follow this tutorial.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CBaroquillo
Mitglied

lösung

Our send out emails are in the process right now, could we still revert this from the ones not yet delivered?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

Yes, if you cancel the current send or stop the workflow, then you could revert the changes and then send the rest of the emails.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CBaroquillo
Mitglied

lösung

How could I cancel the send out?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

You can find the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-cancel-a-sent-or-scheduled-email-send-in-hubspot

If you've started the marketing email send a while ago, chances are however that it has finished processing already.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CBaroquillo
Mitglied

lösung

Okay, we don't have that cancelled scheduled email since we sent it yesterday real time.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @CBaroquillo,

In that case, unfortunately, the email was likely fully sent and the damage is done. You could import the correct information and send an updated email, apologizing for any inconvenience or confusion caused.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler