Email Marketing Tool

niederberger
Participant

Communication Preferences, Separate Page

SOLVE

Hello Together. Does anyone knows a way to show the Communication Preferences page - the link in the bottom on every email - without an email. Like add the email address in the paramter or somsething like that? I want to offer that link to my customers in an online shop. Thank You, Thomas.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TomM2
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey @niederberger this isn't currently possible as HubSpot would need to know (and verify) the email of the recipient in order to display their subscriptions. 

If they had something like a form to enter your email to show the subscription page, it would be easy for someone to edit someone elses subscriptions by just knowing their email address, potentially opening your company up to a whole host of GDPR/Can-Spam issues by un-authorised people adding subscriptions to other emails. 

The subscription pages are dynamically generated from the sent email itself when sent to a specific email address. 

I know you can insert a personalization token into your emails that link to the subscription page, but this personalization token isn't available to add to HubSpot pages. Because there's no way to force generate this link and there's no static link for the subscription pages it wouldn't be possible to link to this from your web page. 

If you're looking for people to be able to resubscribe via your website you could enable form subscription links

Alternatively you could also create a form on your site that automatically triggers an email that links the visitor to their subscription page.

Tom Mahon
Technical Conlsultant | Solutions Engineer | Community Champion
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
OBLESSING5
Participant

SOLVE

Enterprise

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

SOLVE

I'm on Enterprise, is there a way?

0 Upvotes
TomM2
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @niederberger this isn't currently possible as HubSpot would need to know (and verify) the email of the recipient in order to display their subscriptions. 

If they had something like a form to enter your email to show the subscription page, it would be easy for someone to edit someone elses subscriptions by just knowing their email address, potentially opening your company up to a whole host of GDPR/Can-Spam issues by un-authorised people adding subscriptions to other emails. 

The subscription pages are dynamically generated from the sent email itself when sent to a specific email address. 

I know you can insert a personalization token into your emails that link to the subscription page, but this personalization token isn't available to add to HubSpot pages. Because there's no way to force generate this link and there's no static link for the subscription pages it wouldn't be possible to link to this from your web page. 

If you're looking for people to be able to resubscribe via your website you could enable form subscription links

Alternatively you could also create a form on your site that automatically triggers an email that links the visitor to their subscription page.

Tom Mahon
Technical Conlsultant | Solutions Engineer | Community Champion
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.