Email Marketing Tool

MMDC
Contributor

Clicks & Opens Not Tracking

I have a few cases where I know multiple email recipents click through in an email, but the opens and clicks aren't logged in the email analytics nor their contact profile. I only see that the email was delivered and nothing else.

Plus, there are a few recipents that have opened and clicked multiple emails, but no opens or clicks are logged.

My email reciepents are mainly in the financial industry with nearly all using either Outlook or iOS Mail. I understand that the email pixel won't load reliably, so the open tracking is useless. But, shouldn't click tracking be more reliable?

Any ideas why these clicks aren't tracking?

Additional details from a customer: "Most days I would at least scroll through [the newsletter]. If I find a topic that someone here would like to see or needs to see – I get it to them."

Based on this, the customer opens most of our emails and she frequently clicks-through or forwards the email to others. But, their profile and others in the same company just says that the emails are "delivered" and there's no additional information (such as clicks).

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Unfortunately this is one of the strong arguments that I have against the "Only send to engaged contacts" feature of Hubspot is that the tracking code is not verified at a high enough rate to make that feature reliable.  One argument I have always had on this is that if a click is registered and an open is not, due to the pixel that you mention, that the open should be inferred if a click is received.

For your email, are the pages you are driving traffic to ones that have Hubspot tracking codes on or are they potentially third party sites without your tracking?  If that is the case, it may be possible that the disconnect is causing the reporting issue.  Also when they share links like you mention, I would expect at least the first click to be registered, but if the users who get the shared link don't get the full tracking URL from the email and maybe only see the destination URL that may cause a disconnect as well.

Also with this scenario you have given, have you been able to test Outlook and iOS mail apps internally to see if you are able to produce the same results.  If yes, share those with Hubspot support as that could help them with the issue.  If no, I would recommend testing yourself with a personal address, or working with a partner to do some additional testing to see if the results can be reproduced.

MMDC
Contributor

Additional details from a customer: "Most days I would at least scroll through [the newsletter]. If I find a topic that someone here would like to see or needs to see – I get it to them."

Based on this, the customer opens most of our emails and she frequently clicks-through or forwards the email to others. But, their profile and others in the same company just says that the emails are "delivered" and there's no additional information (such as clicks).

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @MMDC ,

I would like to tag here some of our top experts on this matter, 

@Josh@Mike_Donnelly@StefaniUAT, would you be able to share your thoughts here about clicks & opens @MMDC  question?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes