Email Marketing Tool

phillip-cmfy

Changing the subject and preheader text of my blog subscription emails each month

Hi Team,

I've been banging my head against the wall here. We're trying to customize our monthly blog subscription subject and preheader text each month so that it's relavant to the month. I've edited the subject and preheader text on my monthly subscription email but any changes I make do not stick. The preview looks fine, but when the email goes out, it's the old subject again.

The only time I see the updated text is if I send myself a test and click the "Test the email as it would appear for new sends" checkbox. I don't even know what this means. Is a new send the first time a person receives a monthly email? Can I change the subject of an "old" send then?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Changing the subject and preheader text of my blog subscription emails each month

Hi @phillip-cmfy,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. I wanted to share this resource which explains that "By default, the blog notification email will be set up to Use latest blog entry headline as email subject. If this checkbox is not selected, you can compose your own custom email subject line."

If you can please follow the instructions outlined in article to update the subject line as a first step, that would be great!

If you have completed these steps and your email is still not updating as expected, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot technical support regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes