Cannot send Email blast to yahoo mail

Highlighted

Hello, it seems like I can't send any email to anyone who uses yahoo as their email service provider. The status is only sent but not delivered.yahoo.png

I'm not sure what's happening. I tried sending it directly to yahoo mail and it worked without a hitch. There is also another hard bounce problem but I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind it.

hard bounced.png

Can anyone help me with this? I now can't send email blast to a substansial amount of users now and it is detrimental to my KPI.

Another thing I would like to add is all the people who I sent this email to are people who are already registered to our company.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ivandere,

For a starter guide to email deliverability, I wanted to share this resource.

For more information, I also want to tag in @Zakiya.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I too have the same issue w/ only @yahoo.com addresses, save one! 

Frusterating.  I did read the resource suggested by @jennysowyrda but don't see any additional info from @Zakiya

For me this is not marketing - these are singers in a group that I belong to and was just trying to get out information - text email and one logo - fairly simple. 

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @RachelRicks,

If you can provide specific examples of what you are seeing on your end around yahoo email addresses, I am happy to investigate this matter further.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks @jennysowyrda  - same trouble as in the original message in this thread. 

Whenever I send an email out, the contacts in my group with @yahoo or @aol email addresses either "Soft Bounce"  or they are stuck on a "Sent" Status - never Delivered or opened.  

Below is text pasted from one example.  I did go to the link suggested.  I'm not sure if the "Deferred" messages below mean the email is trying to go through again? 

Thanks for any guidance.

Sent April 16, 2020 1:04 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 1:10 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 1:14 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 3:17 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 5:23 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 10:22 AM
  Deferred (pending) April 16, 2020 10:29 PM
  Deferred (pending) April 17, 2020 10:41 AM

Soft bounced

Rejected by recipient's email security filter

IP_REPUTATION Received an exception while waiting for a response to [MAIL FROM

--[removed for privacy reasons]--

Ask the recipient to whitelist your sending IP addresses.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @RachelRicks,

Thank you for the additional information! 

Deferred means that HubSpot is still trying to send the email, however based on the bounce message it looks like the email is being rejected by the recipient's email server, which will likely result in a bounce.

I did want to share a few resources around how to improve your email deliverability and partner with your recipients to ensure they are set up to receive emails from HubSpot.

1. Understanding email bounces in HubSpot

2. How to ensure contacts receive your marketing emails

3. Improve email deliverability 

4. Free Academy course: understanding email deliverability

5. How to clean up your email lists

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

I have the very same problem as the two other persons above. 
Ant yahoo address will be differed, never reaching the person (despite they have registered to receive news). The email has been done within Hubspot interface some of the feature is triggering the blockage by Yahoo. 
So far only help received form hubspot is to check some literature but no one pointed where could be the issue. 
Have any of you found a solution?

0 Upvotes