Email Marketing Tool

reneasusan
Teilnehmer/-in

Can we manage subscription for an email series outside of preference center?

lösung

I would like to let contacts opt out of a particular series of emails without having to manage through preference center to avoid decision overload on preference center page. 

My current use case is for an onboarding series, but I'm exploring the idea of releasing a handful of multi-part guides that leads can opt into/out of. 

I'm imagining I can create a "You've been unsubscribed from X" landging page and manage subscription via workflow.

Has anyone done something similar via workflow? Is this a silly idea?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Karen_Marketing
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @reneasusan 

I know my answer is late, but maybe it still helps 😉

When I got you right,  you want to have a single optout button in your email series?

We did a workaround in Hubspot to make single optout of a certain subscription type possible. Here is how it works:

• set up a subscription type for the email series (eg. welcome)
  • create an "Unsubscribe here" CTA under Marketing -> Lead Capture -> CTAs
  • go to the email drag-and-drop-editor and insert this CTA in the footer of your emails by adding a button element and then choose "link to CTA" in the buttons settings
  • select the "Unsubscribe here" CTA you created for this subscription typelink_button_to_cta.JPG
  • then you have to link the uncubscribe-cta to a workflow: create a workflow with trigger "has clicked any version of CTA xy" -> manage email subscriptions: opt out of xy

Please be aware that Hubspot forces you to use a footer containing either "unsubscribe from all" or "preference center". To trick Hubspot there we used a hidden footer and put the mandatory link there.

Please also notice that in the evaluation of the emails you will have to look for the link to the unsubscribe CTA to measure your unsubscribes, because you do not use the official Hubspot unsibscribe link.

Regards

Karen

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
reneasusan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi! Thanks for your reply! This seems like a great solution to let contacts opt into different communication.

I think I was unclear in my question. I would like to let contacts opt OUT of a particular series of emails without having to manage many individual series through the communication preference center.

Has anyone done this via workflow? 

Thanks!

Karen_Marketing
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @reneasusan 

I know my answer is late, but maybe it still helps 😉

When I got you right,  you want to have a single optout button in your email series?

We did a workaround in Hubspot to make single optout of a certain subscription type possible. Here is how it works:

• set up a subscription type for the email series (eg. welcome)
  • create an "Unsubscribe here" CTA under Marketing -> Lead Capture -> CTAs
  • go to the email drag-and-drop-editor and insert this CTA in the footer of your emails by adding a button element and then choose "link to CTA" in the buttons settings
  • select the "Unsubscribe here" CTA you created for this subscription typelink_button_to_cta.JPG
  • then you have to link the uncubscribe-cta to a workflow: create a workflow with trigger "has clicked any version of CTA xy" -> manage email subscriptions: opt out of xy

Please be aware that Hubspot forces you to use a footer containing either "unsubscribe from all" or "preference center". To trick Hubspot there we used a hidden footer and put the mandatory link there.

Please also notice that in the evaluation of the emails you will have to look for the link to the unsubscribe CTA to measure your unsubscribes, because you do not use the official Hubspot unsibscribe link.

Regards

Karen

CAnderson716
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

lösung

Hi @reneasusan, one way this could be done is if you have the email recipients for the onboarding series opt into the multi-part guides from the first email in the onboarding series. If you have different guides covering different topics you could have the recipient select the topics that they are the most interested in, in that first onboarding email.

If you have just one series of multi-part guides, then I would have a CTA in the first email that says yes, I would like to receive the guide, then if they click that CTA, trigger the workflow that subscribes them to receive the guides. 

If you have different guides for different topics, then I would create a CTA for each guide and have the recipient click on the topic that they are the most interested in from the first onboarding email. You can then use an if/then branch in a workflow to subscribe them to the right guide based on the CTA they chose.