Email Marketing Tool

Eagle7
Participant

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

I'm getting an error while creating an email, I can't review and send it.

The error is:

Your email doesn't have {{ token }. This token is required.

I've checked all the settings, and it all seems perfect.

Please help..

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi @Eagle7 

Thank you for your patience on this. 

after some testing, it looks like the issue here related to the unsubscribe tokens in the plain text version of the email. When cloning the email, the team was presented with a dialog box informing us that the plain text version of the email was different from the HTML version. Only when cloning and keeping the customized plain text the team could reproduce this validation error message.

It looks like that when editing the Plain Text version, the unsubscribe link token was also removed from the email meaning there was no unsubscribe link included on the plain text version. Therefore, the email is prevented from being sent out and we flagged this validation error.

You would need here to re-add the unsubscribe_link token to the Plain Text version to clear the error and allow the email to be sent. You can see this token in the clone email when clicking on Settings > Advanced Settings > Customize plain text. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

The screenshots are not of the right part of the email.  Typically your tokens have to do with GDPR/Can-Spam requirements where you must have your physical address in the context of the email. Can you show us the area where you have those tokens on your email?

0 Upvotes
Eagle7
Participant

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi Ben,

Being new to HubSpot I don't know exactly which area you want to look at...
I tried to find it but to no avail... Although I did notice the Email created by you, and I see no differences in the settings of your email and mine, but still my email is getting an error, and yours is ready to send.
Do let me know where the area is, of which you want a screenshot.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi @Eagle7 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error? 

Does it give you more information about the specific token? Do you have the same issue with other emails or just one? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Eagle7
Participant

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi @TiphaineCuisset,
This is my first and only Email.
The screenshots are attached:
The setting page: https://eagle7.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/FireShot-Capture-2761-Email-‹-Eagle7-—-Eagle7-eagle7.in...
The Send page: https://eagle7.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/FireShot-Capture-2758-Email-‹-Eagle7-—-Eagle7-eagle7.in...

You can see in the top-right corner the review and send button gives the error. "Your email doesn't have {{ token }. This token is required."

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi @Eagle7 

Thank you for your patience on this. 

after some testing, it looks like the issue here related to the unsubscribe tokens in the plain text version of the email. When cloning the email, the team was presented with a dialog box informing us that the plain text version of the email was different from the HTML version. Only when cloning and keeping the customized plain text the team could reproduce this validation error message.

It looks like that when editing the Plain Text version, the unsubscribe link token was also removed from the email meaning there was no unsubscribe link included on the plain text version. Therefore, the email is prevented from being sent out and we flagged this validation error.

You would need here to re-add the unsubscribe_link token to the Plain Text version to clear the error and allow the email to be sent. You can see this token in the clone email when clicking on Settings > Advanced Settings > Customize plain text. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Eagle7
Participant

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset , you've solved my problem...
Thanks again...
Cheers

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can't send an Email

SOLVE

Hi @Eagle7 

Thank you for the additional information. 

I have reached out to the team regarding this and I will let you know as soon as I can. 

Thank you!

Tiphaine