Can I send a mass email without it appearing as a "marketing" update?

Highlighted

I'm trying to figure if there's a way to create a template (which I've done) and send to a static list (of members) in one click.

I know you can send a marketing email to a list that looks like an email (I've created and tested a template) but it comes up as an 'update' (ie. Marketing material) in Gmail when the template emails under 'contacts' goes into the direct inbox, which I want to keep. 

Been sending template to members individually and they appear fine but obviously it's very time consuming.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Advisor

It isn't as simple as you may be hoping for.  There are a lot of things that go into Google deciding whether an email is an update vs. a promotion vs. a personal email.  Things like the IP address you are sending from (are you using a shared IP at Hubspot or dedicated)?  Also, what is the from address?  And, if users are getting your emails, are they moving your email to a more relevant folder (ie: out of the inbox and to updates)?  What this all means is that gmail is controlling this and it's not a setting or piece of code specifically that makes your email end up in one grouping vs. another.

0 Upvotes