Email Marketing Tool

Dotan

Can I retrospectively sync pas Outlook/Gmail emails to my CRM?

SOLVE

Hello,

I have syced my outlook and gmail, and its looking great.

Can i sync past emails from 2-3 year ago to the system in some way ? so i can get all the contacts updated?

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Dotan, you can also use your portal's forwarding address to forward past email threads into your CRM!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
sgrun
Participant

SOLVE

I have just created a Hubspot Idea for this. So, to encourage Hubspot to work on this much needed feature, please upvote it here:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Auto-Import-All-Historical-Email-Including-Emails-wri...

0 Upvotes
blackhawk
Participant

SOLVE

I agree this such a glaring oversight by Hubspot. I also have dozens or hundreds of internal emails per deal that don't include a client I very much need to log to a Deal, but that isn't possible without taking 3-5 extra steps in HubSpot and switching between multiple applications. No way anyone could ever have the time or memory to take all of these steps

Come on HubSpot! At least create a manual feature in the email sync extensions where you can log an email to a specific Deal, Company, or Contact without having to have a client contact in the To, CC or BCC fields.

At the end of the day, this makes email logging worthless for me since half of my communications can't be logged without significant effort.

kirvis
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes please! We have just moved to Hubspot, and syncing 5 months of existing emails is not an option by using the forwarding address. Furthermore, I refuse to pay another service hunderds of dollars to accomodate this for us while this is a standard feature in many CRM systems.

0 Upvotes
SeanHenri
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi Dotan,

Not in bulk or in an automated way (at least to my knowledge).  The best bet might be to email your prospects by replying back to the same email chain you started months/years ago, but logging your most recent interaction with the Sales extension. This will pull in the full chain.

What it won't do is add those interactions as individual moments in your contact's timeline.

Sean

0 Upvotes
Dotan

SOLVE

Thanks, 

Think its something worth developing  😉 

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Spoiler
Hi @Dotan
We have developed a solution that can sync your historic emails with your HubSpot deals/contacts. It will also automatically log any new emails sent and received from your email client. Feel free to drop me a line at sales@threads.cloud or find us on the HubSpot App Marketplace 
0 Upvotes
blackhawk
Participant

SOLVE

I would pay $10-15 per month for this, but not $70.

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Dotan, you can also use your portal's forwarding address to forward past email threads into your CRM!

0 Upvotes
JBigbee
Participant

SOLVE

This is not an effective solution for many reasons. It does not log individual emails, it does not log the right date or time, and it shows the forwarding email as the top-level email. 

0 Upvotes