Email Marketing Tool

AnnMcKeown
Participant

Can I add different signatures to different Marketing email sends depending on Contact Owner?

Résolue

I would like to send a Marketing emails to all my Contacts based on the Contact Owner.  I can create separate emails for my 6 salespeople (Contact Owners) and send them according to lists created by that property but that seems tedious.  Is there a better way to do this?

Instead I could create a template for Sales emails but those have to be sent one at a time.  

Surely I am not thinking of the best way to do this.  What I want is a full-text email to go out to the full database with each email to have the saleperson's signature on the bottom of each. 

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Can I add different signatures to different Marketing email sends depending on Contact Owner?

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

This is possible, you can automatically personalize the from address, from name and the email text using personalization tokens.

In the Settings tab, you need to select {{owner.fullname}} and {{owner.email}}:

from-name.png

In the body of the email, click into the text field, wait for the menu to pop up, click "Personalize" and search for the contact property "Contact owner". It will give you a dropdown menu that includes "Signature".

signature.png

You can check whether the personalization is working as intended using the preview feature of the email editor.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

The best option would be for this sales rep to send emails through their connected inbox or through the HubSpot Sales extension.

In HubSpot Enterprise (one tier higher than your current Professional subscription) there would be more permissions options, see here, allowing you to create roles for sales reps with marketing email permissions that are limited to owned contacts only. You'd have to train the sales reps, making sure they understand principles of marketing email deliverability, because their marketing emails would affect your overall sender reputation – not just their own connected inbox mentioned above – introducing more risk.

If my posts helped answer your query, you can help the community by marking them as solutions.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
3 Réponses
AnnMcKeown
Participant

Résolue

This is very helpful.  Thank you, Karsten.

This explaination is great for me to send out marketing emails on any individual salesperson's behalf.  

What about the scenario of an individual salesperson who wants to email all of his/her Contacts?  Without asking me, the marketing person to do if for them.  I don't want to give access to Salesperson Sam the ability to publish emails to the whole database, but I want him to be able to send out "Have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Best regards, Sam" to HIS contacts.  Best way to do that?!?

Thanks again,

Ann

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

The best option would be for this sales rep to send emails through their connected inbox or through the HubSpot Sales extension.

In HubSpot Enterprise (one tier higher than your current Professional subscription) there would be more permissions options, see here, allowing you to create roles for sales reps with marketing email permissions that are limited to owned contacts only. You'd have to train the sales reps, making sure they understand principles of marketing email deliverability, because their marketing emails would affect your overall sender reputation – not just their own connected inbox mentioned above – introducing more risk.

If my posts helped answer your query, you can help the community by marking them as solutions.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AnnMcKeown,

This is possible, you can automatically personalize the from address, from name and the email text using personalization tokens.

In the Settings tab, you need to select {{owner.fullname}} and {{owner.email}}:

from-name.png

In the body of the email, click into the text field, wait for the menu to pop up, click "Personalize" and search for the contact property "Contact owner". It will give you a dropdown menu that includes "Signature".

signature.png

You can check whether the personalization is working as intended using the preview feature of the email editor.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler