Email Marketing Tool

KLyons8
Participante

Can I Create an Email with Transparent Background

I'm trying to design an email and have a holiday-themed background for the overall design, but whenever I add a text box it creates a white background for the text. Is it possible to make the textbox's background transparent if it doesn't cover up the holiday design? I tried to add the same background image to the textbox but it doesn't look right.

0 Me gusta
8 Respuestas 8
Pna04
Miembro

In the Telenor app, you can easily activate any type of cell or internet package by pressing just a single button. The the Telenor quiz today has separate sections for the packages. You can activate daily, weekly & monthly calls,s and net packages in seconds.

0 Me gusta
danmoyle
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton. Hi @KLyons8. I think @Jnix284 answered the question for you. However I'd like to leave a comment to help in another way. I'd challenge you to think about the user experience when receiving and email that has text on a busy background. If they don't see well, it's going to be difficult to read. If they're in dark mode, what does that do? How will it apear on mobile vs. desktop? What about screen readers for visuallyt impaired or Blind recipients? 

My advice to folks in email marketing is to keep text in text boxes that are easy to read - black text on white background is the best bet. 

Just my two cents to consider. Hopefully at least you're going into actions > preview > clients to test the design across many email clients. All the best! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
KLyons8
Participante

Thank you for your perspective. While I don't think the background I am using is very busy (think light-colored wood floor), I can definitely see how it could still be difficult to read for some people. I do not get the final say in the design, but I will be trying to urge my team towards using the white textbox!

Jnix284
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

@danmoyle I love the perspective you've shared here, considering accessibility is SO important and beyond the technical capabilities of the templates.

While I intentionally chose a busy background to show how difficult it might be to read the text while using transparency, I definitely missed the mark on explicity saying so.

Thanks for always being a champion for seeing things from others perspective, your input here is gold 💛

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle

💛, friend. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jasbir_Kaur
Participante

Hi @KLyons8 

Yes, we can create an email with transparent background, please share your code so that I can see how you are using the code and guide you accordingly.

Thanks!

Jasbir

0 Me gusta
Jnix284

@KLyons8 that depends on how you're creating the email - are you using the old "custom" templates or the drag and drop option?

Jnix284_1-1669690085817.png

I used the simple template and could add an image to the email background and modify the text on top to be white without having to change the transparency.

Jnix284_0-1669690041210.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Hello @KLyons8, happy Monday!

Let's invite some of our top experts to this conversation: @danmoyle @Jnix284 any recommendations to @KLyons8 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta