Email Marketing Tool

RNabers
Mitglied

Campaigns vs Workflows (coming from ActiveCampaign)

lösung

We're migrating to Hubpost from ActiveCampaign and I'm trying to figure out some of the terminology for Hubspot

I'm trying to determine when we would use a campaign vs workflow.

It seems the two could potentially be used interchangeably, except that a campaign is more robust. Campaigns can contain workflows, multiple emails, landing pages, calls to action.

Workflows have start/stop triggers, goals (which can remove the user from the workflow) and email assets. 

Example: Black Friday "campaign" (or workflow)

- Will contain multiple email assets that all direct to the same checkout page

- Should have a start trigger to auto-enroll users based on adding a tag to their contact record (or by adding selected users to a list)

- Should auto-remove the user from the campaign based on a goal (in this case, buying our product/offer)

- Purchasing the offer/product should tag the user and/or add them to a list for easy future searchability

Thoughts on using campaign vs workflow in this scenario?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Jnix284
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @RNabers Happy to share a few thoughts on this, in the simplest terms, a campaign is a collection of marketing assets you are grouping together towards a specific goal that you want to measure and a workflow is a tool to create automation, whether that contributes to a campaign or automates actions within the CRM, etc.

I like this HubSpot Campaign overview page, it does a really good job of simplifying it down, yet showing all of the capabilities with the various tools.

For a better understand of Workflows overall, I recommend this lesson from HubSpot Academy.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
Jnix284
Lösung

lösung

Hi @RNabers Happy to share a few thoughts on this, in the simplest terms, a campaign is a collection of marketing assets you are grouping together towards a specific goal that you want to measure and a workflow is a tool to create automation, whether that contributes to a campaign or automates actions within the CRM, etc.

I like this HubSpot Campaign overview page, it does a really good job of simplifying it down, yet showing all of the capabilities with the various tools.

For a better understand of Workflows overall, I recommend this lesson from HubSpot Academy.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin