Email Marketing Tool

mobedi
Contributeur

Buttons in emails?

Résolue

I am a bit surprised by the lack of buttons in Hubspot Marketing emails.

I see CTAs. But I am advised against using CTAs in an email.

Moreover, a click on an a CTA is a click on its image and not really a click on the underlying hyperlink. So tracking such emails becomes very difficult.

A common solution is using HTML <div>s and <tables> to create rectangular objects that resemble buttons. This way, all clicks are correctly tracked.

Does Hubspot have a good solution for this?

Or are Image Buttons the best alternative we have?

1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Buttons in emails?

Résolue

Hey @mobedi

Sorry I couldn't help you with your previous question about coding HTML buttons. 

If you need to have rich, HTML emails, including buttons, then you will probably need an email developer from time to time. 

An alternative approach would be to drop HTML emails althogher in favour of plain text style email with just text hyperlinks. 

Plain text style emails have been show to perform better in almost all circumstances. 

I say 'plain text style' becuase these emails are still HTML and contain the tracking pixel etc, but have no real HTML design. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
3 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Buttons in emails?

Résolue

Hey @mobedi

Sorry I couldn't help you with your previous question about coding HTML buttons. 

If you need to have rich, HTML emails, including buttons, then you will probably need an email developer from time to time. 

An alternative approach would be to drop HTML emails althogher in favour of plain text style email with just text hyperlinks. 

Plain text style emails have been show to perform better in almost all circumstances. 

I say 'plain text style' becuase these emails are still HTML and contain the tracking pixel etc, but have no real HTML design. 

Hope this helps.

0 Votes
mobedi
Contributeur

Buttons in emails?

Résolue

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I think I also second the idea of simple links. I just wanted to make sure I am not missing out on anything. However, I have seen solutions who offer drag-n-drop HTML buttons and I think it's a nice thing to have on Hubspot, too.

Phil_Vallender

Buttons in emails?

Résolue

Agreed 🙂

0 Votes