Email Marketing Tool

nstone
Participante

Button to re-send email to recipients that did not open

resolver

In another MA solution I used to use, there was a button to re-send an email to everyone who had not opened the email or clicked a link. 

Could this feature be added to the 'send to more' section in Hubspot?

This would make life so much simpler than having to build out a list everytime which is annoying, time consuming and creates lots of unessary lists!

Cheers

Neil

2 Soluciones aceptadas
shearn
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @nstone,

I agree this could be a useful product feature! You may want to create this post in HubSpot Ideas so it can be more visible to HubSpot product managers and so that others can Upvote your suggestion.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

kframpton
Solución
Participante

resolver

While not as simple as a button, you are able to create a step in a workflow that does this. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.33.27 PM.png

You can create an If/Then branch and to resend the email to those who didn't open/click. 

One thing to note, this would not allow you to change the subject line or make any changes to the email that might encourage people to open the email or click on a link. My question to you would be, if they didn't open your email the first time around, why would they open it the second time when nothing in the email has changed? The same with clicking, if they opened an email and didn't click, why would sending the same email give them a reason to click? 

Granted, depending on the content of the email and your audience, you might need to make any of those changes. 

Hope this helps! 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
mhancecands2
Participante

resolver

To do this, I just created a new list based on people who were recipients of email 1 and had opened it and then used this as an exclusion list for email 2

kframpton
Solución
Participante

resolver

While not as simple as a button, you are able to create a step in a workflow that does this. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.33.27 PM.png

You can create an If/Then branch and to resend the email to those who didn't open/click. 

One thing to note, this would not allow you to change the subject line or make any changes to the email that might encourage people to open the email or click on a link. My question to you would be, if they didn't open your email the first time around, why would they open it the second time when nothing in the email has changed? The same with clicking, if they opened an email and didn't click, why would sending the same email give them a reason to click? 

Granted, depending on the content of the email and your audience, you might need to make any of those changes. 

Hope this helps! 

nstone
Participante

resolver

Thank for taking the time to write a response it much appreiciated! 

I had intended to post this in the ideas section so apologies about that 🙂

With regards to your question about subject line etc I would generally agree that its best practice to change the subject line etc on a re-send.

However in this instance the mail was a newsletter that was sent out just before Christmas where there was a large qty of out of office responses. 

I just wanted a quick and easy way to re-send the email so it was back at the top of the inbox for those that were away for the holidays without having to write a workflow.

Cheers,

Neil

shearn
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @nstone,

I agree this could be a useful product feature! You may want to create this post in HubSpot Ideas so it can be more visible to HubSpot product managers and so that others can Upvote your suggestion.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
nstone
Participante

resolver

Thanks. I posted this in the wrong section it was meant to go into ideas!

0 Me gusta