Email Marketing Tool

KBirleson
Participant

Bulk changing non-marketing contact

SOLVE

I have just subscribed to the marketing part of HubSpot.  Due to not using it for marketing in the past somehow all of our contacts have defaulted to non-marketing contact.  This is not a decision to rule them out, just a mistake.  I can not edit this field though.  I wanted to edit one to find the correct value and then export and import back in.  Without making this change though I can not ensure I have the value correct.

Why can I not change this value?

Any tips on how I can get access to?

Will the bulk export and import work?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBirleson,

Could you confirm that you have the permissions needed to change this status? Are you a super admin in your portal? (If not, they would have to make the changes or give you access.)

Would also check your current contact tier? Maybe you're hitting a limit.

If that's not it, would you give more context how you've been trying to change the status? (on the contact record, via bulk edit etc.?)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KBirleson
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly and was so easy!  Have a wonderful day.  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBirleson,

It seems like changing this on a contact record is not an option. The available options are listed in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/set-contacts-as-marketing#manually-set-contacts-as-marketing-...

Could you work through the steps explained there and report back?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBirleson,

Could you confirm that you have the permissions needed to change this status? Are you a super admin in your portal? (If not, they would have to make the changes or give you access.)

Would also check your current contact tier? Maybe you're hitting a limit.

If that's not it, would you give more context how you've been trying to change the status? (on the contact record, via bulk edit etc.?)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KBirleson
Participant

SOLVE
Hi. Thank you for your response. Yes I am the super admin. I am trying to edit the field by going into the contact, scrolling down to that field and editing there. I can change the other fields around it but not this one field.