Email Marketing Tool

PerryP
Participant

Bounce Rate

SOLVE

We switched from Salesforce to Hubspot we also used Constant Contacts. I have brought all me contacts over and put the opt-out list in from Constant Contacts. Sent out first email and now I am suspended because of too many bounces. I never had this problem before. I ran my list through Neverbounce and found some but not that many that bounced. A lot of the contacts Hubspot wants me to delete or put on the opt out list are people we email one to one consistanley and they have asked to be on the eblast. I'm stuck in email jail and don't see it getting any better. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience and what they did. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Bounce Rate

SOLVE

Hi Perry,

Would you share the metrics from Neverbounce, some information on that first email that you've sent (content and metrics) and how much time has passed since those 1:1 emails?

In general, HubSpot will suspend email sending if the deliverability protection system detects one of the below:

• Hard bounces >5%
  • Spam reports >0.1%
  • Unsubscribe rate >5%
  • Direct complaints to HubSpot

If you've recently switched from plain text 1:1 emails to more designed HubSpot emails, that could cause some contacts on the list to not recognize your brand and mark emails as spam. If a lot of time has passed since those 1:1 emails, some contacts might have left their companies.

If you want to appeal your suspension, you can find the necessary steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-is-my-email-suspended

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JLSB
Contributor

Bounce Rate

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler @PerryP 

It's possible the situation could be related to this:

Hubspot's unconventional bounce handling is costing us valuable leads and customers 

Hubspot treats mailbox full, policy and spam bounces as hard bounces instead of soft bounces like other Email Marketing vendors. This results in a high rate of false positives—for me it was 34%.

If you agree with my post, please upvote it and also contact your CSM and ask for this to be changed.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Bounce Rate

SOLVE

Hi Perry,

Would you share the metrics from Neverbounce, some information on that first email that you've sent (content and metrics) and how much time has passed since those 1:1 emails?

In general, HubSpot will suspend email sending if the deliverability protection system detects one of the below:

• Hard bounces >5%
  • Spam reports >0.1%
  • Unsubscribe rate >5%
  • Direct complaints to HubSpot

If you've recently switched from plain text 1:1 emails to more designed HubSpot emails, that could cause some contacts on the list to not recognize your brand and mark emails as spam. If a lot of time has passed since those 1:1 emails, some contacts might have left their companies.

If you want to appeal your suspension, you can find the necessary steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-is-my-email-suspended

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.