Block free email providers list in a list/workflow?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have thousands of legacy contacts with "free email addresses" that I want to easily list.

How can I easily add Hubspot's own list of blocked free email domains to a list or workflow?

If the answer is copy/paste, that's OK - perhaps this list could be made available as an XLS/CSV 😉

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

... OK, I copy/pasted into XLS... but how can I paste 4500+ fields into the "Contact property ends with" box in the list builder... or is there a better way?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @auto_mate

Do you have 4500 contacts with free email domains, or 4500 unique email domains?

If you have 4500 contacts, I would import those into a static list. If you have fewer (although still lots probably) of domains, these should be easier to add to the email contains or ends with filter of a smart list.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hubspot has a list of 4734 free email domains that are used in HS's own free email providers block list.

I have quite a few thousand contacts with email addresses with free domains (i.e. non-company domains) that I am looking to clean.

If that explains better;)

(In the end I copied them all into an XLS and made a workflow with 500 at a time to create a "free domain" filter workflow.)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

If you're at all willing to describe this in more detail, I'd appreciate it. When I try to copy/paste some rows, they're all "one" entry in Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

In more detail: it was painful. I can't remember how (I might have added commas in XLS and merged columns etc) but I was able to copy/paste 500 at a time, so I made a workflow with 9(?) modules so now I have a workflow that will action the "free email domain" list.

However, Hubspot constantly changes that list so mine is accurate as of last year 😞

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ohhh that adding commas thing makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you so much for the reply.

I'm going to give it a try today and see what happens.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Any chance that you've remembered how you made that multiple pasting possible? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I believe it just has to be semicolons. Here's the Excel file I used to copy/paste from, though Hubspot had to think about it for a bit when I pasted.  https://ln.sync.com/dl/c4f3e94a0/aqe6cpvn-esj3dn9c-gh8pg45v-n54c5fpq

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Wow, I could really use this right now. Switched to non-Hubspot forms and there's very little recourse.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for a similar feature.

I don't want to block people with a free email domain from using our forms.

But I do want to handle them differently in terms of how we follow up with them and how much priority we give them.

Therefore, it would be great if there would be a filter for the Email or Email Domain field in lists and workflows to easily filter out contacts with email addresses that are on the free email domain list.

0 Upvotes