Block free email providers list in a list/workflow?

Regular Contributor

I have thousands of legacy contacts with "free email addresses" that I want to easily list.

How can I easily add Hubspot's own list of blocked free email domains to a list or workflow?

If the answer is copy/paste, that's OK - perhaps this list could be made available as an XLS/CSV Smiley Wink

10 Replies 10
Regular Contributor

... OK, I copy/pasted into XLS... but how can I paste 4500+ fields into the "Contact property ends with" box in the list builder... or is there a better way?

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @auto_mate

Do you have 4500 contacts with free email domains, or 4500 unique email domains?

If you have 4500 contacts, I would import those into a static list. If you have fewer (although still lots probably) of domains, these should be easier to add to the email contains or ends with filter of a smart list.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hubspot has a list of 4734 free email domains that are used in HS's own free email providers block list.

I have quite a few thousand contacts with email addresses with free domains (i.e. non-company domains) that I am looking to clean.

If that explains betterSmiley Wink

(In the end I copied them all into an XLS and made a workflow with 500 at a time to create a "free domain" filter workflow.)

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

If you're at all willing to describe this in more detail, I'd appreciate it. When I try to copy/paste some rows, they're all "one" entry in Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

In more detail: it was painful. I can't remember how (I might have added commas in XLS and merged columns etc) but I was able to copy/paste 500 at a time, so I made a workflow with 9(?) modules so now I have a workflow that will action the "free email domain" list.

However, Hubspot constantly changes that list so mine is accurate as of last year Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

Ohhh that adding commas thing makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you so much for the reply.

I'm going to give it a try today and see what happens.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Any chance that you've remembered how you made that multiple pasting possible? 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I believe it just has to be semicolons. Here's the Excel file I used to copy/paste from, though Hubspot had to think about it for a bit when I pasted.  https://ln.sync.com/dl/c4f3e94a0/aqe6cpvn-esj3dn9c-gh8pg45v-n54c5fpq

Occasional Contributor

Wow, I could really use this right now. Switched to non-Hubspot forms and there's very little recourse.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I am looking for a similar feature.

I don't want to block people with a free email domain from using our forms.

But I do want to handle them differently in terms of how we follow up with them and how much priority we give them.

Therefore, it would be great if there would be a filter for the Email or Email Domain field in lists and workflows to easily filter out contacts with email addresses that are on the free email domain list.

0 Upvotes